Marketing Content Manager 8/20/2016
Experience Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EXPERIENCE GRAND RAPIDS IS PARTNERING WITH MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS TO EXPEDITE THEIR POSTING PROCESS TO FILL AN URGENT NEED FOR A MARKETING CONTENT MANAGER IN THE GRAND RAPIDS MARKET. TO BE CONSIDERED ALL RESUMES AND COVER LETTERS MUST BE SENT IN BY SEPTEMBER 12.
POSITION TITLE: MARKETING CONTENT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
Manages the development and production of marketing materials and content used by Experience Grand Rapids to promote the destination for both the consumer/leisure market as well as the convention business markets.
Contributes to the mission of Experience Grand Rapids: _to strengthen the region's economic vitality and quality of life by marketing Grand Rapids/Kent County as a preferred visitor destination. _
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and govern the organizational content strategy, content creation, editorial planning and content distribution across multiple channels.
- Researches and develops new concepts for the content marketing and communications strategy.
- Develops and manages projects. Oversees budgets and schedules, identifies and resolves production problems, selects and negotiates with vendors and delivers projects on time and on budget.
- Oversees the visual (photography and video) marketing tools for EXGR including compiling various sources of media (b-roll, still images, sound and text).
- Oversees the visual acquisitions for Experience Grand Rapids for Experience GR's print materials, websites, videos and other mediums. Chooses photographers to expand our visual library. Oversees the marketing manager coordination of photo shoots and details related to new images and cataloging of new images.
- Project manager for both EXGR blogs - editorial, sub-contracting, budget, and measurement of success.
- Content manager for meeting sales and services materials.
- Coordinates production of the annual visitor guide, including content, printing, and distribution.
- Hires, trains, mentors and manages marketing interns to lend further support to EXGR marketing efforts.
- Participates as requested with marketing team on various marketing projects.
- Provides leadership and actively contributes to the social media and posting team.
- Researches, suggests and implements new ideas and trends in marketing.
- Ability to work in stressful environment.
- Frequent telephone and computer use.
- Use of manual dexterity required for writing and computer use.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Independently mobile with the possibility of climbing stairs.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks.
- Bachelor's degreepreferred (in marketing or related area)
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' experience with similar responsibilities
- Strong working knowledge of traditional media marketing approaches
- Strong understanding and application of project management methodology
- Strong organizational skills; able to envision and manage coordinated or multiple linear projects
- Strong creative skills
- Experienced with directing and editing photography and video
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Able to take full ownership of projects and follow through to completion
- Able to delegate work to peers and take responsibility for delegated work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly learn position-specific software
- Able to plan and prioritize own work and work under limited supervision
- Able to work as part of a team
- Effective analytical, decision making and problem solving skills