Marketing Coordinator, Retail/Events Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs the Retail and Event Marketing Coordinator, you will make sure our events are disruptively successful, and our retail presence at truck stops and plazas get s truckers buying our membership.
You ll be responsible for generating retail programs, in-store merchandising solutions for product launches and key retail marketing programs
You will also be responsible for the planning, implementation, execution, and evaluation of corporate events and exhibitions. If we have a trade show, you are the one suggesting we bring an army truck, 6,000 t-shirts and 20 kegs of beer (this may, or may not, have happened, and we may, or may not, have pictures .the point is - we need someone responsible for events).
With your Event and Trade Show hat on you will:
* Plan and execute corporate events & exhibitions, key client shows, and other engagements.
* Travel to industry and retail marketing trade shows as needed, or having the proper people there, ensuring it s staffed to the right level
* Get the most out of your event budget, while providing ways to measure the return-on-investment
* Know of all of the events we should attend and who should go
With your Retail Marketing hat on you will:
* Design and implement point-of-sale, merchandising display and marketing materials to be used in truck stops
* Work with display vendors and retail partners to get the right presence for the ONE20 membership
* Own the content used within retail displays
* Ensure ONE20 branding survives the retail merchandising gauntlet
* Create marketing material (with the help of graphic designers) used in truck stop channels
* Be smart on new retail marketing digital trends, brick-and-mortar media, and social media within retail, retail applications, point-of-purchase displays, and equipment, new tools and techniques used in the interactive point-of-sales and merchandising fields at retail
* 5-7 years of retail and event planning experience, trucking channel preferred
* Experience in a retail environment with a variety of retail functions: marketing, advertising, events, loyalty and customer experience
* Proven ability to set clear objectives, identify priorities, provide direction and coordinate solution related activities
* The ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of management, both internally and externally
* Able to develop and manage retail customer and vendor relationships
* Excellent organizational and time management skills - there are thousands of details, and you use more than voodoo to keep them straight
* Proficient in salesforce.com, project management tools, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Ability to catch on quickly and thrive in a very fast-paced environment
* Ability to multi-task and work on several demanding projects at once
* Bachelor s Degree considered a plus but not required if proven experience
* Travel up to 25%