Marketing Development Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 9/19/2017
MRC Global Inc.
MARKETING DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
About the Organization
MRC Global is the largest global distributor, based on sales, of pipe, valves, and fittings (PVF) and related products and services to the energy industry and supplies these products and services across each of the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors.
Manage a collaborative environment through strategizing with corporate and regional leadership to develop responses to RFXs, presentations and general customer/supplier communications that accurately reflect MRC Global s value proposition and support the corporate business plans and company goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
* Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Strategize with Business Development, Executive and Regional Management to develop responses to RFXs (Requests for Proposal, Request for Quotation, Request for Information, Questionnaires, Proposals, etc.) in an effort to gain and/or retain business;
* Understand MRC Global s overall business and value proposition across the downstream, midstream and upstream market segments to ensure RFXs and presentations contain appropriate content to support MRC Global s value proposition and best portray MRC Global leading to success in business development opportunities;
* Develop presentations for internal and external use that depict MRC Global s value proposition in order to further company goals and support business plans;
* Conduct and analyze research on raw material price and availability, currency fluctuations, rig counts and other industry trends that could potentially impact MRC Global s profitability. Communicate findings to Executive and Senior Management on a regular basis;
* Research and write industry/customer related articles to be included in internal and external MRC Global publications;
* Develop, conduct and analyze results of customer satisfaction surveys. Communicate results to internal and external customers;
* Research and recommend industry events (trade shows, etc) that would benefit MRC Global by increasing market share. Manage MRC Global s participation including registration and ensuring appropriate show material and collateral are available for attendees. For larger events, attendance may be required;
* Assist in other business development/retention activities as requested;
* Perform other duties and projects as assigned;
* Assure compliance with company business processes;
* Adhere to MRC Global ethics policy and holds others accountable for behavior that is consistent with MRC Global ethical standards;
* Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
Education, Experience & Ability Requirements
* Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
* Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work;
* Knowledge and understanding of business plans, pricing and product, customer base and industries served; strong writing, math/analytics, business English and problem solving skills; ability to craft written and multimedia-based presentations; ability to establish excellent rapport with upper management, corporate employees, branch employees, vendors and customers;
* Strong PC skills with knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word and ability to learn MRC Global specific software;
* Strong listening and communication skills; strong multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills to prioritize required duties and ensure timely delivery of information; detailed oriented and assertive. Ability to work as part of collaborative teams.
* Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
* Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others; to understand and interpret safety instructions; and to respond to inquiries;
* Ability to understand and comply with MRC Global guidelines & expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
* Working Conditions
* For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
1301 McKinney St.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://MRCGlobal.appone.com