Marketing Events Coordinator 9/6/2016
Holland & Knight, LLP.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Holland & Knight's Marketing Department seeks two Marketing Events and Meetings Coordinators to serve as part of the Marketing Events Team, assisting in the planning, coordination, and implementation of the firm's internal and external meetings and events. This position is located at the Holland reviewing RFPS and site recommendations; negotiating contracts, food and beverage, audio visual; securing on-site room holds; developing invite; reviewing RSVP lists; coordinating speaker, guest, and VIP needs; etc.
* Identify and develop relationships with hotels, off-site venues, vendors, suppliers, and caterers
* Serve as liaison with event vendors
* Manage production and compilation of event materials and handouts such as invitations, presentation packets, evaluation forms, name tags, signage, follow up mailings, and any last minute requests
* Handle on-site event management and supervise support staff required for events
* Post and update internal and external event web pages
* Provide strategic and creative input when planning events with practice and area marketers
* Provide strategic follow up and debriefing
* Review and approve expense vouchers from meetings and events; ensure adherence to event and meeting budgets; confirm/secure budgetary approvals for all aspects of event expenditures; determine ROI and provide feedback on return based on final expenditures
* Moderate to heavy travelrequired
* Other projects as assigned
* Strong communication and organizational skills
* Attention to detail
* Strong problem solving skills
* Excellent project management skills and capable of working well under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; ability to juggle multiple priorities
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Ability to prioritize projects
* Flexibility to work early mornings and late evenings when necessary
* Strong sense of accountability and ownership of projects
* Ability to work both autonomously when executing local events and as part of a team on general strategy
* Minimum education: Bachelor's degreerequired. Advanced degree is a plus.
* Minimum of 4-6years events and meeting experience; law firm or other professional services experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
* Marketing: 5years
* Event Coordination: 5years