This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation
Provides support to the marketing team as needed. Candidate will work with all aspects of marketing and public relations within the team and obtain real-world experience via daily tasks and projects.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The internship will be tailored to match the successful candidate's skills. It also will help develop and refine skills needed in the marketing and public relations fields. A sample of job assignments and projects are listed below. Intern may work in all or just a few of the areas at any given time.
* Public Relations
* Job shadow, media relations
* Attend creative brainstorming meetings
* Assist with internal and external events and media, as needed
* Graphic Design
* Job shadow, graphic designer
* Assist graphic designer with duties as assigned
* Website Design and Maintenance
* Job shadow, webmaster
* Update/proof existing web pages as needed
* Assist with keyword research and page optimization, as needed
* Assist in gathering content for internal website
* New Media and Web Video
* Job shadow, both new media and videographer/photographer
* Take lead on selected social media platforms
* Assist with analyzing data to determine strengths and weaknesses of social media campaigns
* Assist in writing social media posts
* Job shadow, writer
* Write blog posts
* Assist with researching patient stories
* Assist with writing new inserts, as needed
Customer Service Responsibilities:
The selected intern must demonstrate excellent customer service behaviors consistent with the organization and department standards. The intern must also consistently promote teamwork and direct communication with co-workers, and deal discretely and sensitively with confidential information.
Responsibilities in Quality Improvement:
Contributes by identifying problems and seeking solutions. Promotes patient/family satisfaction where possible; participates in departmental efforts to monitor and report customer service.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
* Completed course work in Marketing, Communications and/or Public Relations field. Student should be a junior or senior level student at an accredited 4-year college.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop
* Proven ability to create a sound written statement, stories, social media posts and more.
* Internet and web experience including social networking and hashtags experience
* Competent language, spelling, and grammar skills with the ability to proof business documents.
* The ability to demonstrate initiative and responsibility, perform multiple tasks, attend to detail, meet deadlines, adapt quickly to changes, and respond well to feedback.
* Good interpersonal and telephone skills.
* Physical Demands:
* Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time)
* Able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally
* Able to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing.
* Able to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
New Media and Community Relations Specialist
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this classification.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of this position, you must request accommodation in writing, within 182 days after you know or should know of the need for accommodation.