Marketing Manager, Food Service
MeadWestVaco - Richmond, VA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
As a member of MWV’s Food Service SBU, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for working closely with the Director of Food Service marketing to develop and implement “game-changing” products and “go to market” strategies. This individual will leverage all aspects of the marketing mix and will work in collaboration with cross functional team members to drive for results.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
* Support the development of the overall plans/programs for specific product lines/markets.
* Develop and maintain an expert understanding of current and prospective market segments and target customer segments.
* Develop brand owner presentations on value features and benefits of offerings
* Develop a working knowledge of MWV platform capabilities for use in crafting end user based value added solutions.
* Co-develop and use current MWV tools to leverage value propositions in the marketplace
* Gather, interpret and communicate customer, competitive and market information to the organization.
* Understand and co-develop pricing proposals for product launches by channel and for specific end user customers
* Understand all of the financial aspects that impact sales and how to structure the offer to meet the customers’ financial requirements (Total Value of Ownership).
* Provide project management leadership to innovation project teams.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Four-year degree in Business – Marketing concentration
* Minimum 4-6 years of related work experience
* Knowledge of food service industry business preferred, but not mandatory
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong presentation skills.
* Project planning and organizing skills
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to work in teams.
* Ability to initiate, manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Strong analytical skills in order to gather, compile and analyze data, graphically and with spreadsheets.
* Solid decision making skills and ability to make fact based decisions. Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to successfully manage both internal and external customers.
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams within a matrix organization.
* Demonstrated leadership and teamwork qualities in a diverse and demanding environment.
* Some travel required - up to 25%