Marketing Manager, Gas Engines - Kohler, WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMarketing Manager, Gas Engines - Kohler, WI
Are you someone who thrives in an environment that allows you to use your creativity and expertise to architect solutions to challenging problems? Join an exciting marketing team where your ideas, hard work ethic, and team work are appreciated and recognized - and where you get to see the results of our work in consumer's everyday lives.
The Marketing Manager establishes and executes a vision for the growth and profitability of Kohler's business within the assigned market segment, including pricing strategies, product development roadmaps, and customer relationships. They have primary responsibility for the segment P&L, representing the business at monthly reviews, articulating the segment performance compared to plan. Additionally, the Marketing Manager communicates actions and timelines to mitigate business challenges and deliver the full year business results in alignment with expectations.
* On a global basis, marshal resources, gain alignment, and influence others in pursuit of business targets and objectives. A strong global, cross-functional skill set is required.
* Recommend short and long-range Segment goals in support of objectives and policies and direct the development of plans and programs for attainment of Division goals relating to marketing, manufacturing, sales, and engineering.
* Provide leadership to, and generally supervise all operating activities of the Segment, including but not limited to the development, production, promotion, and sales of its products and services, in such a manner as to ensure the attainment of stated objectives of return on investment and operating profit.
* Guide the development of short and long-range operating forecasts; ensure that projections are realistic in relation to human, financial and material resources; review and update short and long-range forecasts; submit the annual budget, including the proposed capital and extra-ordinary expenditures programs with appropriate recommendations.
* Appraise, on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, the results of operations as compared with goals, plans, and programs for inventory investment, sales, profits, and growth. Responsibility for segment P&L as well as all pricing matters associated with the Segment. Must have a robust understanding of the cost structure of the segment. Must closely monitor and manage segment warranty expenses to ensure targets are being met along with maintaining specific objectives and action plans in place to reduce warranty costs and frequency.
* Direct the planning, promotion, and exploration of domestic and international markets to ensure continued and expanded use of products and services.
* Assure that the segment's products and technology are developed and maintained in a leadership position in the industry; approve product engineering and technical development programs for inclusion in operating budgets and evaluate observed results.
* Direct the segment program pertaining to advertising, sales promotion, and customer relations in conjunction with the Public Affairs and Advertising departments; participate in assessing the effectiveness of performance of total program; give guidance and direction of the development of general plans and strategies; and assure proper coordination with all other function areas.
* Support and promote internal control measures within the Segment that are designed to safeguard Kohler Co. assets and encourage adherence to prescribed Kohler Co. policies.
* BA/BS required; MBA preferred
* Individuals must have a minimum of 10 years applicable experience in engineering, manufacturing, sales or marketing in roles of progressive responsibility
* Demonstrated success in driving change, achieving business results, and developing and continually improving standards of performance
* Proven ability to select, develop, motivate, and lead top talent to improve operational effectiveness and achieve maximum inefficiencies
* Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of, and have experience with, Sales and Marketing, Human Resources Management, Finance, and Operations Manufacturing
* Must be able to travel frequently within the assigned channel, domestically and globally, in support of Kohler Engines initiatives - approximately 20-30%
* Experience managing a P&L
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.