Marketing Manager 8/25/2016
Loves Park, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Marketing Manager will identify and develop new products and channels for growth.
* Perform administrative functions for new channel development.
* Effectively manage budget and credit risks associated with marketing new channels.
* Forecast and manage marketing funds within approved budget.
* Develop marketing plan for sales execution in existing and new channels.
* Develop sales goals and target customers.
* Work with cross-functional teams to identify consumer trends and match with channel opportunities.
* Team leader for various key strategic initiatives.
* Manage all aspects relating to assigned product segments. Analyze in-market performance, manage profitability & volume contribution, and make business recommendations in support of volume & financial objectives.
* Identify and advance brand-building initiatives.
* Manage projects to deliver desired results on time and on budget.
* Provide input to marketing and operating planning process in accordance with company objectives.
* Recommend & manage appropriate market research studies to gain consumer insights.
* Determine priority and extent of advertising and promotional programs for each product, and assist in the development and implementation of such programs.
* Perform monthly syndicated data analysis, summarizing top line trends and recommending appropriate trade strategy, to help identify opportunities to profitably grow the business.
* Recommend the strategic direction of the brand through the development of short- and long-term business plans for the assigned segment of the product line and each major channel of distribution.
* Execute the annual business plan by integrating the efforts of all essential functions across the company.
* Maximize profitability of assigned products by monitoring volume, margins, and spending, reporting on progress against planned margin and volume, and making adjustments to the plan as necessary to maximize results.
* Utilize all available analytical tools to measure spending effectiveness and gather key learning for continuous improvement.
* Manage planning and creative execution of packaging, advertising, consumer promotions, etc., including the supervision of activities of external agencies.
* Responsible for ongoing strategy, tradeforecasting, coordinating consumer promotions and insights research.
* Supervise package development and monitor inventories.
* Write and update annual marketing plans, and communicate this information to field sales.
* Provide communication to field sales regarding pricing changes, promotional programs and changes, etc. Additionally, marketing data as needed should be sent to the field, and existing pieces updated as needed.
* Construct promotional programs to execute the marketing strategies.
* Develop sales and expense forecasts by brand.
* Participate in the necessary trade shows and travel as needed.
* Responsible for promoting food safety and employee safety throughout the organization.
* While this position has no direct supervisory responsibility, it is a key leadership role on the marketing team and plays a critical role in the success of the marketing and innovation team success by working closely with sales, R MBA strongly preferred
* 3-5years Consumer Packaged Goods sales & marketingexperience