This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Taylor & Francis Group, LLC
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Taylor & Francis is looking for a motivated Marketing Manager. The position will assume global responsibility for the Education textbook portfolio and is required to plan, execute and report on the full range of marketing activities to maximize revenue and customer retention. An understanding of the customer, competition and the latest opportunities in content marketing are required to develop engaging marketing plans and inform commercial decisions. The role will support the Senior Marketing Manager in the implementation and development of the marketing strategy, particularly in an area of assigned specialism. It will also involve working closely with internal stakeholders to contribute to sales and editorial strategies. The position includes line management responsibility for one Associate Marketing Manager.
* Plan, implement and report on measurable marketing campaigns within agreed budgets, ensuring revenue, lead generation and other targets are met
* Manage a marketing budget effectively ensuring return on investment
* Present information in meetings, with a thorough understanding of the key books publishing, target markets, and sales expectations
* Comment and commercially challenge new proposals at Editorial meetings, based on market intelligence and contribute to editorial strategies
* Monitor, analyze and report on financial performance of designated portfolio and lists to develop marketing plans and tactics
* Lead, performance manage and monitor the team, fostering a culture of high-level performance, motivation, quality, efficiency and innovation in the team, helping to encourage new ideas and constructive feedback
* Build effective long-term & strategic relationships both internal (editorial, sales, development, other departments) and external ( authors, societies, organizations) linked to the success of the list and the company as a whole
* Maintain and develop an awareness of external issues and market developments, including competitor activities, needs of customers, advances in technology, academic trends, and share findings with the business and team.
* Produce marketing activity and analysis reports for senior management; make recommendations to senior management for improvements to team and departmental objectives
* Periodic travel to conferences and exhibitions
* Oversee maintenance of monthly reports, budgets, trackers for team
* Accountable for managing own learning, taking responsibility to develop skills gaps.
* Proven track record of goal-achievement in a marketing role
* Minimum of 3 years experience with managing a product portfolio
* Industry and market expertise
* Line management experience preferred
EDUCATION: Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience
TAYLOR & FRANCIS GROUP, AN INFORMA COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, COLOR, CREED, DISABILITY STATUS, GENDER, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RACE, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.