Marketing Manager 8/31/2016
Travelers Rest, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MARKETING MANAGER
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
At Rugged, we hold ourselves and our products to the highest standards in the industry. This pride in our product is a result of each individual taking responsibility for their contributions. We consider ourselves lucky to get up every day and contribute our time and our talents to an industry that we love. We're looking for employees who share a passion for excellence and a love of this industry to join our team.
Candidate will serve as the leader on strategy and execution of the company's annual marketing plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop and execute annual marketing plan, by channel, for the organization.
* Manage social media accounts (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc) including content creation, execution, responding to direct customer communications and tracking results.
* Offsite vendor management (video production companies, freelance photographers, tradeshow design companies, promotional product procurement)
* Work with management to develop relationships with apparel and promotional product vendors, bloggers, vloggers and industry publications.
* Event management, scheduling and onsite attendance.
* Develop strategies and initiatives to improve customer engagement and data collection of consumer contact info.
* Basic graphic design and photo editing.
* WordPress experience a plus.
* Other duties as assigned.
As this position will have close interaction with outside vendors and customers; therefore professionalism, strategic thinking and excellent written and oral communication skills are required. This position demands a high level of self-motivation. The Marketing Manager will work collaboratively with management during the planning phase and autonomously during execution phase. Successful candidates are detail-oriented, organized and creative problem-solvers.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Candidates should possess a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or related field combined with relevant work experience and a passion for the firearms industry.
(Optional, but preferred professional experience)
* Experience in the firearms sector or as an enthusiast
* Experience as a marketing generalist with annual planning and budget management responsibilities
* Proven, professional track record in development and execution of channelmarketing strategies.
* Experience with direct B2B and B2C customer communication.
* Experience in fast-paced environments.
* Agency experience a plus.
* $50k-$80k annual salary, commensurate upon experience