Marketing Operations and Services Product Manager (Flow Cytometry)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 4/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONWho we are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Your Role: As a Marketing Operations and Service Product Manager within the Biosystems and Regulated Materials (BRM) group, you will provide critical support in combination with Product Managers for product related requests from Sales, Technical Services, Operations, Quality, touching every part of the organisation in support of the Product ranges. You will drive centralized support and management of service product offerings for a proprietary line of flow cytometry analyzers in the Flow Cytometry Franchise. Strong analytical, communication, and coordination of multiple initiatives is vital to the successful achievement of commercial objectives for this position.
Your Key Responsibilities:
* Working with the instrument product managers and global service managers, the Service Product Manager is responsible for service product strategy, new service product definition and development, and service product launch and support through coordination with applicable functions within MilliporeSigma, including R&D, Project Management, Sales, Technical Support, Planning, Customer Service, Marketing Communications, Manufacturing, Global Supply Chain, and Quality. Establish worldwide marketing strategies, including service product direction, advertising, pricing, expense budgets, and profit plans. Lead functional or project teams to facilitate objectives.
* Develop and maintain a working knowledge of factors affecting the product lines, collecting information and characterizing competitive threats to the business.
* In partnership with the Commercial Areas, visit customers through sales calls/trade show and conference attendance to understand market dynamics and gather data to support decisions involving service product lifecycle management. Seek feedback regarding service product needs and/or improvements from Field Marketing.
* Regular communications with Operations/Quality/Procurement/Regulatory
* Cross functional team formation on ad-hoc issues (new quality concern, potential supply constraint, specific customer need, etc.)
* Ongoing proactive management of known product sustainability issues
* Monitor for potential backorder situations, develop mitigation plans where possible, and coordinate actions / decision-making with plant on backorders, including competitive strategies and responses, for all appropriate sales channels
* Monitor key Supply/Operation/Quality metrics for ensuring customer satisfaction
The position is office based, requires up to 50% travel, is part of the BRM group and reports to the Head of Marketing Operations and Services. Preferred location is Seattle, WA...
Who you are: You must strong interpersonal and analytical skills. This position will have frequent interaction among several product managers and business owners including cross-functional departments including Research and Development, Business Development, Sales, and Manufacturing through the course of product development and product lifecycle management.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelors degree in a biological or technically based science program. A graduate degree (MBA preferred) or equivalent experience is also required.
* 10+ years of experience in research and development for capital equipment products in a Life Sciences company is preferred.
* Experience in a product management/marketing role desirable.
* Experience in a life science research laboratory is required. Specific technical and/or marketing experience in the area of Flow Cytometry, and Immunology is highly desirable.
* Demonstrated understanding of advanced marketing concepts, such as product lifecycle and product positioning, and financial analysis.
* Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals and business reports desired.
* Demonstrated knowledge of personal computer software in a business environment. Microsoft Office preferred.
* Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully work with other internal and external customers.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to create and present materials appropriate to the level of audience. Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner.
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
MilliporeSigma is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.