Marketing Research Intern
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker s 2015 Revenue was 11.2B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.1B of SBD annual revenue. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for a Marketing Research internship in Towson, MD.
The Marketing Research Intern will support the Global Tools & Storage marketing research staff in providing market intelligence and consumer insights to internal clients. This is a unique opportunity to gain exposure to multiple product categories as well as multiple product life cycle phases including innovation, product development, marketing, and brand management. The intern will be directly involved in all steps of the development, implementation, and analysis of qualitative and quantitative primary market research as well as secondary market research. The intern will also be involved with the consumer market research panel and the online brand advocacy forum.
The Intern will provide support in multiple areas as needed including, but not limited to:
* Develop and program online surveys
* Recruit/screen participants via telephone for qualitative market research
* Implementing and managing product placement studies
* Preparing crosstabs and summary reports from quantitative data
* Preparing presentations from qualitative and quantitative data
* Utilize secondary research to answer business questions or provide background for primary research.
* Research and make recommendations on market research and analytical methodologies.
* A junior or senior pursuing their bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business related field
* Previous exposure to market research is preferred.
* Ideal candidate will have strong project management, prioritization, and organizational abilities.
* Proven data gathering and analytical skills are a must as well as the ability to synthesize findings from disparate data sources
* Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required as telephone recruiting and interviewing will be a regular task. Candidate must be comfortable recruiting participants or interviewing users via telephone.
* Natural curiosity about the motivations behind consumer behavior.
* Love of both data analysis and personal interaction; previous customer service/customer interaction experience is a plus.
* Advanced computer skills with technical proficiencies in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; Survey software, statistical packages (SPSS, SAS) and Video editing tools a plus
* Potential exists for domestic travel
* Enthusiastic attitude toward learning new skills is a must
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.