Associate Manager, Marketing Research CIS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
H.J. Heinz Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition ID
Associate Manager, Marketing Research CIS
The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global food and beverage powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $29 billion in revenue and is the 3rd largest food and beverage company in North America and 5th largest in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
This is a role for someone who craves a global challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering against the model in the largest business unit for Kraft Heinz. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty or build out a function against a blank slate without buying pre-packaged solutions should not apply.
Role / Title
The Associate Manager, Market Research CIS provides marketing research leadership, coordination and integration for all the established and development activities on assigned brands. Provides strategic consultation and thought leadership to all levels of Brand Management and other functional areas on identification of business opportunities. Leads and facilitates consensus of brand team on Consumer Insights & Strategy issues. Identifies information needs at the brand level and provides strategic input to short and long-term marketing plans. Has shared accountability for brand business results. May manage and personally develop more junior CIS people. Provides leadership in improving the productivity and impact of marketing research tools, methods and processes for the business. Assists the Director, Consumer Insights & Strategy in meeting the overall marketing research and information needs of the Category.
* Plays a leadership role in setting marketing objectives, strategies and business principles by providing guidance to business team in identifying and articulating key business issues and knowledge gaps, and in finding opportunities for the assigned brands.
* Provides complete marketing research project support to assigned brands through identification of appropriate research objectives and directing resources in executing projects against same. Leads more strategic, complex research.
* Ensures proper focus and prioritization of marketing research resources against assigned brand needs and help ensure that the right team resources from other functions are brought to bear on brand needs.
* Effectively manages, coaches and develops the activities of junior CIS professionals as necessary. Actively teaches skills to direct reports (and broader CIS team where appropriate), provide direction to enhance effectiveness and impact on team/business. Guides issue and project prioritization.
Ensures that marketing conclusions and recommendations for all research conducted are clearly communicated, bringing the research conclusions of studies directly to bear on the marketing issues and opportunities. Shares responsibility with Brand Management clients for recommendations regarding business decisions on individual brands. * Develops and articulates new consumer insights and ensures learnings are understood by the team. Participates in identifying the strategically valuable consumer.
* Demonstrates ownership of brand and credible business sense. Uses this business knowledge and strategic thinking ability to help direct the interpretation, use, and implications of consumer, marketplace, competitive and environmental information to improve business decisions and knowledge base for future strategic planning.
* Assesses the health of the brand via in-market volume, franchise behavior, attitudes, and quality measures, recommending appropriate courses of action. Interprets and integrates marketing mix and other analytics into recommendations.
* Provides input into the development of new, improved and/or more cost effective marketing research tools, methods, and process and provide leadership in bringing this new knowledge to bear on the company s business and decision making.
* Contributes to learning outside of defined role on brand team (eg. Cross divisional projects, Research best practices, etc.)
* Influences all levels of Brand and Category Team Management (Associate, Sr. Associate, Brand Manager, and Category Business Director) and advertising agency. Creates partnership relationship with agency planner. Facilitates consensus on category team.
* With guidance from manager, influences Division EVP/GM
* Directs research activities and diagnose business issues with Technical Research (TGR), Technology/OTP, Sales, Packaging, Promotions, Legal, Advertising agencies, Media personnel, Corporate CIS, Senior CIS Management, and Marketing Services
* Manages activities of research suppliers. Sets high standards, provides on-going feedback. Appropriately questions and challenges suppliers to ensure best thinking and continuous improvement
* Participates on Division-wide Task Forces
* Represents Kraft in professional organizations and meetings
Education: Minimum Bachelor s degree (Social Science, Business Administration, Marketing preferred). MBA or MA in Social Science preferred with a concentration in research, marketing, or quantitative analysis
Experience: Minimum 3 years marketing research experience in increasingly responsible positions. Experienced across all research techniques/applications. Consumer packaged goods experience required.
Specialized or technical knowledge required: Strong knowledge of business practices, marketing principles and manufacturing process. Expert knowledge of existing research techniques and emerging trends. Excellent communication skills; strong consulting and influence capability. Demonstrated team skills and thought leadership for business. Ability to lead, manage and develop research professionals. Strong knowledge of consumer products categories, brands and environment.
Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is committed to a dive