This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Life Science & Research Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you looking for a high visibility hands-on Marketing Specialist position in the Pleasanton area Do you want to be part of dynamic marketing team that is representing leading edge technology - globally Does your marketing experience include technology products Do you want to be a "go to" person in the Marketing department of a dynamic biotechnology company If this describes you, we would like to learn more about you - and we need to move quickly!
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
Become an expert on the Company's technology and legislation, both domestic and international, in order to impact the technology and funding for products. Use this knowledge to educate and support the sales team, distribution partners and customers.
* Approximately 10-15% of your time will be spent with customers, distributors and sales people for the purpose of evaluating and improving market-facing communications. Approximately 20% - 25%travel, domestic and/or international may be required to fulfill this critical responsibility.
* Organize conference/Skype calls and meetings with sales and distribution partners to provide the latest information about products, competitive products and activities, relevant legislation and the market as a whole.
_Trade shows & trade publications _
* Plan and organize the Company's participation at industry and professional events - trade shows
* Create and update marketing pieces and presentations that effectively communicate the Company's vision, brand, and product features/benefits
_Digital marketing responsibilities_
* Maintain and elevate the Company's presence on social media (5-10%)
* Update to the Company's webpage to reflect the latest news about the Company, its' products and in the market
* Maintain the online portal for Company's staff and distribution partners with 24/7 access to sales and marketing materials
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field
* 2+ years of marketing assistant and/or marketing communications experience _required_
* A genuine passion about public safety, public security, and the law
* Effective communication (presentations, correspondence, and 1-on-1) and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively and professionally at all levels of the organization
* Some experience working with a Content Management System is preferred
* Experience working with social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) on behalf of a business is preferred
* Demonstrated success working in a fast paced, collaborative, team oriented start-up environment is preferred
* Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package.
Our client is an innovative market leader for applying DNA identification technology to a critical social application.