Marketing and Communications Specialist - Macquarie Capital - New York
RECRUITER: Tammy Lee
Macquarie Capital provides advisory and capital raising services to corporate and government clients involved in public mergers and acquisitions, private treaty acquisitions and divestments, debt and equity fund raising and corporate restructuring. It also undertakes principal investing activities globally in support of its client activities.
Advisory activities are divided into industry groups, reflecting key areas of expertise. With staff in 37 offices across 22 locations, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment, providing genuine opportunities for growth and career development.
About the role
Join our highly experienced Marketing and Communications team within Macquarie Capital, working across all industry sectors and supporting a range of transactions and business initiatives.
You will manage the development of high quality tender and pitch documents, presentations, internal communications and events, branding projects, advertising and general marketing collateral.
This is a strategic yet hands-on role, with the opportunity to dive into the detail and focus on content and messaging while working closely with the graphics and layout team to drive, manage and execute on key initiatives for senior management.
Key responsibilities will include:
Acting as combined Account Manager/Creative and Communications Manager on a wide variety of pitches, presentations (from large formal bids/RFPs to smaller proposals and bespoke client presentations) and other marketing initiatives, including:
* project managing bid and pitch production including keeping track of updates, overseeing print and production where necessary, consistency checking, and proofreading
* acting as liaison between the business and the production team, translating business requirements into finished products, writing copy and ensuring creative output is fit for purpose and 'on brand'
* liaising with deal executives and other key stakeholders to understand requirements and assist in developing strategy, structure and key messages, and supporting senior members of the team on priority projects.
Assist and lead on a wide range of B2B marketing and communications activities including:
* working with the events team and senior executives to produce supporting materials including brochures, signage, videos, presentations and templates for Macquarie events
* updating and developing credentials materials for various teams across the business
* assisting with the development of advertising materials, both print and online, including writing copy, briefing designers, generating high-level concepts and seeking approvals
* maintaining regional content for the company website and development of microsites to support business activities (eg. advertising campaigns) as required
* assisting with and coordinating internal projects that benefit the business
* writing and providing messaging for a variety of electronic communications, including internal newsletters and emails.
Other key tasks include:
* developing and maintaining tools and resources to support executives in their pitch and marketing activities, including standard slides, templates, case studies and key facts
* deliver initiatives to improve pitching standards and capability within Macquarie Capital to ultimately win new business and maximize cost and time efficiencies (eg. pitch training, supplier relationships, pitch activity tracking)
* some general administrative duties.
You will have 2-4 years' experience in B2B marketing and communications in a corporate environment (ideally within the financial or professional services industries) together with relevant tertiary qualifications. A self-starter, you will be comfortable working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have the ability to build successful client relationships. You will be a mature, confident and persuasive communicator who possesses:
* experience producing collateral to tight deadlines, preferably in a proposal or pitch style role
* exceptional written, verbal and visual communication skills
* outstanding attention to detail, with good planning, project management and multi-tasking skills
* creative flair and a theoretical understanding of design, brand and tone, and experience working with designers
* strong relationship management and interpersonal skills, and the ability to advise and work effectively with business leaders, senior executives and stakeholders at all levels
* the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and think strategically to respond to business needs
* strong Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
We are looking for a talented and driven individual who is eager to progress their marketing career within financial services. Experience in the investment banking/financial or professional services sectors and an understanding of print and production process would be looked on favorably.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
ADVERTISED: 31 Aug 2016 Eastern Daylight Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities