Master Assembly Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline Control and Communication Systems
Master Assembly Technician - Esterline
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and services principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Control & Communication Systems is comprised of seven wholly-owned subsidiaries of Esterline. Our product and service brands include: AVISTA software and systems engineering services; BVR motion control and avionics computing; KORRY cockpit display and control products; MASON flight controls; RACAL Acoustics military headsets, PALOMAR products for secure communications systems, and ECLIPSE signal intelligence. Our operations are located in Platteville, WI; Rockford, IL; Everett, WA; Sylmar, CA; Harrow, UK; Rancho Santa Margarita, CA and Dallas, TX.
Korry Electronics is part of Esterline Technologies Corporation.
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 600+
Title: Master Assembly Technician
Job Family: Production Operator Assembly
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Works with: Production team, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Test Engineering, and Calibration.
Location: Located at Korry facility in Everett, WA
Type: Full Time
This is a top-level position performing a variety of complex technical tasks, assembly, inspections and audits. May provide direction, support, and training for other Quality and Assembly personnel. This position will also have direct contact with other Assemblers, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Test Engineering, Calibration, and Supervision.
* Work from engineering drawings and specifications, quality assurance standards, and test procedures to assemble complex assemblies and systems.
* Inspection of complex assemblies and systems for conformance to drawing and quality standards.
* Perform basic troubleshooting of complex board assembly, assembly tools, tooling, and test equipment.
* Perform visual, dimensional, electrical, functional, and optical inspections per documented inspection instructions.
* Experience with all electrical, mechanical, and lighting inspection measurement equipment to measure product performance.
* Update, maintain, train, and improve various Quality or Assembly Engineering documents.
* Assure that build and inspection equipment that is calibrated and qualified is used properly and maintained within the Korry Quality System.
* Perform Teardown Reports, Failure Analysis, First Article Reports and Corrective Actions for new production and returns.
* Perform detailed process and product audits for compliance to system and specification requirements.
* May assist Quality Engineers or Assembly Supervisors with design, inspection, and building of inspection tools and test equipment and/or creation of work standards.
* May perform Teardown Reports, Failure Analysis, First Article Reports and Corrective Actions for new production and returns.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Strong communication skills
* Possess experienced knowledge of reading, interpreting, and implementing blueprints, schematics and drawings
* Knowledge of and preferably trained in IPC-610 and J-Standards and have precise soldering skills.
* Must have a keen attention to detail; hand and eye coordination
* Works cooperatively in a team environment and effectively communicate with others
* Participates as a lead in problem solving teams to develop process improvements
* Willing to work extra hours, and potentially weekends
* Must have computer skills and knowledge; ability to operate on a computer
* Has an experienced understanding of Lean principles
* Must have ESD Knowledge and understanding
* Experience with analog and digital video processing knowledge
* Must have theory of understanding for DC circuits and power supplies
* Customer Focus
* Ethics and Values
* Problem Solving
* Integrity and Trust
* Functional/Technical Skills
* Values Diversity
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* Typically requires a High school diploma or equivalent
* 7-10 years related industry experience required
Basic Work Hours
* Day Shift Hours Monday through Friday 6:00am to 2:30pm
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).