Master Control Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Encompass Digital Media
JOB DESCRIPTIONMaster Control Operator
The Master Control Operator is responsible for monitoring all technical broadcast activity for their assigned networks during their shift. The Master Control Operator fulfills the clients duplication, quality control, encode, and library tape archival for all programming broadcast elements for all automation systems within their assigned networks. Master Control Operators are also required to perform various responsibilities inherent to their assigned network.
* Aggressive monitoring of network transmissions for quality control.
* Solve/troubleshoot problems in a crisis situation, i.e., perform disaster recovery procedures.
* Communicate daily with client(s) to receive and process all log materials.
* Initiate routine playlist/log changes for air on a daily basis.
* Record, Ingest, and QC of broadcast material into multiple server systems.
* Operate routers, patch bays, waveform monitors, Vector scopes and encoding equipment.
* Record broadcast elements received via satellite feeds.
* Maybe be responsible for operation of routine live events in a non-exclusive live environment.
* Maintain traffic/library database.
* Shipping preparation of client materials upon request.
* Provides coverage for Paid Time Off days, etc., when necessary.
* Submit a shift report detailing on-air activity (errors or discrepancies encountered, etc.).
* Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
* Experience with tape formats, equipment, and services of a broadcast facility.
* Prior master control experience.
* Experience in tape formats and equipment of a server based ingest system preferred.
* Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, overtime, and holidays.
* Ability to work well under pressure and work within a team environment.
* Strong communication skills, written and oral.
* Proficient computer skills.
* High School diploma.
* College degree in a broadcast related field preferred.
* Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
The nature of this position requires the employee to typically work in an administrative office environment. This position is administrative in nature and has no unusual physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3845 Pleasantdale Rd
Atlanta, Georgia, 30340
Encompass Digital Media is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.