Master Control Operator TWC News Raleigh
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Type: Full Time
The Master Control Operator is responsible for the execution of video and audio transmission, recording various news elements, and performing quality control for the incoming and outgoing news product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensures proper execution of master control tasks including supervision of on-air automation systems.
* Coordinates, tunes in and receives all transmitting signals from live trucks, satellites, fiber-optic, land lines, etc.
* Cable casting and/or digitizing of on-air elements and live shows through master control.
* Quality control of incoming and outgoing product.
* Will ingest feeds from bureaus. Assists in the production of all live and breaking news events, and severe weather segments. Will record live weathers to tape.
* Will operate backup systems during on air failures.
* Cross train in various News Production Job Groups to provide fill-in coverage as needed.
* Notifies supervisors and support staff when news channels are experiencing technical
difficulties. Prepares and completes a daily discrepancy report when problems occur. * Will assist Technical director as an Audio Operator, during clip and live show production. Will mainly be used for fill-in and vacation relief.
* Must be willing to make independent decisions during severe weather coverage, and during technical outages.
* Will provide timing information for meteorologists, control room staff, and remote talent when it comes to live segments.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in television production or a related field.
* 1-3 years television production experience preferred.
* Experience with audio boards, robotic cameras, lighting, and other news systems preferred.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: 0593
Controlling Establishment ID: 00232 - Raleigh Atlantic Ave
Job Code: TWCNOP140 Master Control Operator 1 Nonexempt