This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Engineered Materials - Kirkhill, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, offers world-class elastomer seals, engineered silicone products, and engineered organic rubber products for today s commercial aviation, military applications, and other specialized elastomer markets. Our solutions fall into two broad categories: elastomer aerospace products and elastomer commercial products.
Company Name: Esterline Engineered Materials KIRKHILL, a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation
Industry: Aerospace/Defense/Commercial Products & Services
Title: Planner 3 Master Scheduling
Job Family: Office and Clerical
Reports to: Planning Manager
Works with: Planning, materials, warehouse, manufacturing, quality, engineering, procurement and customer service departments
Location: Brea, CA, USA
With minimum supervision, work within the planning organization to create level loaded master schedules for a product family while considering available capacity and MRP demand. Work closely with each department planner to track and ensure work orders are being release according to the master schedule. Must also to be able to plan and schedule manufacturing department or product family across multiple departments and make recommendations to the planning manager.
* Develops a master schedule for a specific value stream, product class based upon MRP, level loading, inventory strategy, lot sizing etc.
* Determines inventory strategy in conjunction with the Production Control Manager.
* Monitors capacity, level loads and adjusts plans as appropriate.
* Firms up plans according to the SIOP horizons.
* Participates in SIOP process and represents the master schedule for the appropriate value stream(s) and/or product classes and customers.
* Participates with Customer Service in demand/ supply planning meetings as it relates to the appropriate value stream, product class or customer.
* Backs up CBO and department planners.
* Coordinates with Purchasing on any critical materials to ensure the execution of the SIOP plans.
* Proactively communicates foreseeable issues to next level planners and/or customer service.
* Coordinates with Operations on any critical schedules and/or priorities.
* Analyzes data, generates reports, and make recommendations as appropriate.
* Monitors and updates MRP data for the planning factors including but not limited to: safety stock, lead-time, order multipliers, minimum order quantity.
* Coordinates with M.E. and Document Control to Update work order bills of materials as well as coordinating changes to master bills when necessary.
* Ability and willingness to train other employees.
* Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
* Understands and lives by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
* Ability to understand the needs and concerns of internal customers and respond effectively in a professional manner.
* Ability to handle and prioritize multiple issues simultaneously.
* Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with a strong eye for detail.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to communicate professionally via written and verbal with internal customer to understand needs and concerns.
* High level of motivation and sense of urgency.
* Willingness and ability to work any assigned shift or work area.
* Must be a team player and have sound judgment.
* Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office and manufacturing planning systems.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Able to develop simple analyses to support planning initiatives.
* Fluent and proficient in baseline SIOP and MRP functionality.
* Able to develop production schedules based upon MRP logic.
* Able to review and provide recommendations for MRP variables including lead times, time fences, order policies and modifiers, bills of material, bills of operations, kanban material flow, and product family manufacturing strategies. .
* With minimum supervision, able to level load plans and understand capacity analysis.
* Able to develop written summaries and recommendations to support planning initiatives.
* Able to develop and lead SIOP and customer interface meetings regarding long-term demand plans and customer programs.
* Able to coordinate and collaborate with multiple departments and represent different points of view without long-term negative consequences.
* Advanced level of understanding of MRP logic, scheduling logic, bills of material, kanban material flow, capacity planning and product family manufacturing strategies.
* Intermediate understanding of configuration management.
* Customer Focus - Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
* Ethics and Values - Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
* Problem Solving - Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
* Integrity and Trust - Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
* Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
* Listening - Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
* Action-oriented - Full of energy, willing to take action.
* Composure - Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
* Values Diversity - Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in related field.
* Minimum 5 years Planning or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
* APICS certification strongly preferred.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).