This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 3/2/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONRole Purpose
* Develop Master Production Schedule in company system to prepare requirements for purchased and manufactured parts.
* Maintain the master production schedule and ensure 100% demand accuracy for all attributes on the sales order lines
* Ensure to maintain desired inventory levels as set-forth by company.
* Develop balance between existing and future client demand needs with manufacturing and vendors to ensure completion of client requirements.
* Review requests of new sales order and provide practical promise dates to client service prior to promised orders.
* Supervise schedule for manufacturing departments and focused factories along with work cells.
* Evaluate data inclusive of enterprise requirements for planning information.
* Prepare reports required to facilitate and suggest actions to assure optimal execution of supply chain.
* Supervise company stability, oversee reasons to schedule changes and ensure root causes for volatility of schedule being resolved.
* Monitor continuously all problem inventory, take advantage of conversion opportunities if any and recommend solutions for scrapping and potential.
* Head responsibility to achieve and sustain adherence to company rules associated with Master Scheduling .
* Assist company process improvements and facilitate problem-solving teams.
* Evaluate schedule for company commensurate to Earned Value Management practices as well as company policies applications.
* Select procedure and techniques to develop best-practice schedules for projects.
* Identify and recommend feasible solutions to plan operational issues.
* Identify and utilize excess inventory at the point of quote and scheduling of Sales order
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university (OR High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school or institution and a minimum 7 years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering) with background in Materials/Supply-Chain
* Demonstrate an understanding of planning and scheduling within a manufacturing environment
* Working knowledge of MRP,MPS & S&OP
* Ability to communicate at all levels within the business
* High level of energy and drive
* IT literate, confident user of PC packages
* Excellent team working skills
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
* Strong influencing skills within a matrix organization
* Lean training is desired
* Knowledge of production and inventory management
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* APICS Certified Prefered
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)