Master Social Worker - Hospice
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFull Time licensed MSW for hospice in the greater Columbus area! Must have Masters in Social Work, license and previous hospice experience.
Job #: MSWHOcOH151331
A career with Brookdale Healthcare Services has never been so rewarding! We own and operate multiple hospice agencies around the country, with a full spectrum of care designed to respect the dignity of the people we care for. We focus on skilled and compassionate care while providing comfort and freedom from pain, and as much independence and control as possible.
It's more than a job: it's a passion.
Brookdale Healthcare Services is looking for a Hospice Social Worker to provide services in the Dublin area. Join a dynamic team of health care providers focused on support and comfort for all our patients.
* Responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services and for adherence to essential job functions, state and federal regulations
* Assess the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient's terminal illness and environment
* Counsel patient and family/caregivers as needed regarding stress and other identified coping difficulties. Provides crisis intervention when necessary
* Direct all daily patient social service operations including providing direct oversight of the establishment and implementation of social service policies
* Participate in the development of the individualized plan of care, involving the patient and family, and attends regularly scheduled interdisciplinary group meetings, assisting the team in recognizing the effects of the psychosocial stresses on the symptoms of the terminal illness
Required skills and qualifications:
* Masters Social Worker degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
* At least one year of hospice experience
* Active license in good standing within the state of practice
If you're a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan. BR img src='http://career.staffingsoft.com/images/013-97-151368.aspx'