Material Control Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt thyssenkrupp we have more than 155,000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of 43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
thyssenkrupp Aerospace is a subsidiary of the internationally operating thyssenkrupp Group. We focus on supplying aerospace raw materials and finished part logistics to the world's leading aerospace companies and their supply chains. Operating from 35 service centers in 15 countries throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific enables us to aggregate demand across a single supply chain on behalf of the world's leading OEM's, while at the same time providing a truly responsive local service to meet the needs of individual subcontractors anywhere in the world.
ThyssenKrupp Aerospace NA is looking for Material Control Operator . who will accurately provide inventory information for company controlled material stock. You will also monitor, organize and maintain inventory of company product.
* Completing material receiving activities for shipments between locations or direct from the mill.
* Coordinating movement of material from stock to processing to support production requirements.
* Operating material handling equipment as necessary to support movement of material.
* Performing accurate and timely data entry within the inventory management system regarding material movements.
* Preparing and maintaining appropriate inventory identification tags.
* Completing material consolidation tasks, including supermarket.
* Identifying material shortages and issues, and communicate to appropriate staff.
* Performing verification of scrap
* Maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all work
* Assisting quality assurance team in activities related to credits
* Performing equipment preventative maintenance and clean up
To be considered for this Job, you MUST have:
* Employee in good standings for 6 months
* Ability to read and write English and perform basic math problems
* Basic computer skills for data entry into inventory management system
* Ability to use tape measure and calipers for material inspection/measurement
* Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy in written work and data entry
* Certification to operate material handling equipment, examples include forklift, side-loader, 4-directional lift, or cherry-picker
* Some college course work, leading toward completion of degree
* 3 years of material control or inventory experience
* Previous experience safely operating a variety of material handling equipment (forklift, side-loader, etc.)
Our offer to you
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
thyssenkrupp Materials NA Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.