Material Control Planner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThroughout its history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
We are currently seeking candidates for a Material Control Planner at our Monroe, Georgia location. The Logistics Planner will monitor and manage all aspects of our daily freight activities, planning routes, soliciting and evaluating bids, tracking costs, etc. In addition, the employee will be responsible for all packaging planning and development.
The Material Control Planner compiles and maintains material, parts inventory and status information to expedite movement of material and parts between production areas and to customers. Schedules production and communicates that schedule to Production.
1 Work closely with the Manufacturing department to create and monitor Production Schedules and determine needs for flow of material.
2 Review master production schedules and work orders
3 Review weekly purchase order releases to suppliers
4 Enter manual inventory transactions, coordinating item set-up and item changes
5 Maintain accurate purchasing data (lead-time, SNP, etc.)
6 Coordinate and participate in cycle count activities for assigned areas and investigate discrepancies in a timely manner
7 Monitor vendor shipment schedules for on-time delivery
8 Monitor all systems throughout the day
9 Answer any shortages and track daily requirements and weekly shipments
10 Responsible for accurate, timely and economical inventory
11 Work on inventory transaction accuracy
12 Supervise and participate in physical inventories
13 Responsible for identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of material processes and submitting these ideas
14 Use company equipment/resources properly and safely and adhere to safety regulations
15 Maintain a clean and orderly work area
16 Perform special assignments as delegated
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent and 2 years prior materials experience in auto or related industry preferred.
2. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
3. Detail oriented.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. ERP system experience required.
6. Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
7. Must be able to communicate and represent Hitachi in a professional manner with customer via telephone and in person.
8. Must also possess Group Leadership and Critical Thinking skills.
9. Must be able to work closely with other departments and be able to lead and coordinate small groups on an ad hoc basis.
10. Must have acceptable score on pre-employment assessments.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).