This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and other technologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
* Manage material groups for purchased parts to support the global business needs for both aftermarket and production demands
* Minimize parts inventory investment while eliminating customer backorders and production shortages globally
* Manage material shortages and custom backorders, expediting materials from suppliers, through manufacturing work centers or from outside processing suppliers
* Evaluate critical data from the safety stock program, and the first pass fill rate performance in managing the inventory
* Ensure material master data is current and accurate
* Manage MRP settings in SAP to ensure optimal performance
* Work with suppliers to ensure that delivery performance (correct date and quantity) is acceptable
* Coordinate Stock Transfer Orders to locations for your assigned material groups
* Support the analysis of excess inventory for assigned material group(s)
* Work with vendors on corrective action and improvement plans when supply performance is below expectations.
* Participate in continuous improvement activities and identify opportunities to eliminate waste in the supply chain.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. A Bachelor's degree in supply chain, purchasing, procurement, business or computer science preferred.
* Previous experience in materials management or purchasing preferred.
* APIC s (CPIM/CSCP) certification preferred.
* Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL & BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
* Analytical ability and action orientation
* Attention to detail and highly organized
* Strong written and oral communication
* Risk taking and adaptability
* Ability to manage multiple tasks
* Computer skills including ERP, Microsoft Excel and Word
* Personal initiative and self motivated
* Highly flexible and adaptable to change
* Strong team work orientation
* Problem solving
* Global awareness
* Knowledge of LEAN and LEAN principles
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.