Material Damage Adjuster I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Erie Indemnity Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
As a Material Damage Adjuster I in the Richmond Branch Office, ideally living in an servicing Central Virginia, you will appraise material damage claims and total losses as received by assignment. You will also negotiate settlement of claims and disposes of salvage within authority.
* This position works from home in the territory as stated above.
* Candidates with above minimum qualifications may be considered for a Material Damage Adjuster II position. Number of years and scope of experience will determine level.
* A company car is provided.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Analytical skills
* Mathematical skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Communication skills
* Ability to estimate damage on all types of motor vehicle
* Ability to operate a computer and related equipment and software
* Ability to operate a motor vehicle
* Customer service skills
* High school diploma, or GED, required.
* Two years experience in body shop or insurance claims adjusting, including estimate writing or completion of ERIE's Smart Start Program, required.
* Completion of General Insurance program preferred.
* Incumbent must live in territory assigned unless a change is approved by the company.
* Position requires the incumbent to serve on catastrophe duty, which may include travel on short notice to other locations for periods in excess of two consecutive weeks.
* Appropriate license as required by state.
* Valid driver s license and good driving record required.
* PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS (% of Time):
* Lifting: 0-20 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); 20-50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); Over 50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%)
* Driving: Frequent (50-80%)
* Pushing/Pulling: Frequent (50-80%)
* Manual Keying/Data Entry: Often (20-50%)
It is the policy of ERIE to employ qualified people without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. This basic policy of nondiscrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, assignment, corrective action, compensation and discharge. Consistent with this policy, ERIE supports an inclusive workforce. - See more at: https://www.erieinsurance.com/about-us/equal-employment-opportunity#sthash.mq74ZXDB.dpuf
Additional BenefitsWellness Program
Financial Education & Counseling
Long Term Care Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability Income Benefits
Career Development Resources (Internal)
Tuition Aid Program
Some listed benefits are available for PT positions as well.