Material Damage Adjuster II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Erie Indemnity Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
As a Material Damage Adjuster II in the Claims Department of the Knoxville Claims Office, Ideally living in and servicing the Memphis/West Tennessee territory, you will appraise material damage claims and total losses as received by assignment. You will also negotiate settlement of claims and dispose of salvage.
* This position works from home in the territory described above.
* Candidates with below minimum qualifications may be considered for a Material Damage Adjuster I position.
* A company car is provided.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Analytical skills
* Mathematical skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Communication skills
* Ability to estimate damage on all types of motor vehicles
* Ability to operate a computer and related equipment and software
* Ability to operate a motor vehicle
* High school diploma, or GED, required.
* Five years experience in body shop or insurance claims adjusting, including estimate writing experience required.
* Experience with The ERIE preferred.
* Completion of General Insurance program preferred.
* Incumbent must live in territory assigned unless a change is approved by the company.
* Position requires the incumbent to serve on the Catastrophe Team, which may include travel on short notice to other locations for periods in excess of two weeks.
* Valid driver s license and good driving record required.
* PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS (% of Time):
* Lifting: 0-20 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); 20-50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); Over 50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%)
* Driving: Frequent (50-80%)
* Pushing/Pulling: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Manual Keying/Data Entry: Occasional (less than 20%)
It is the policy of ERIE to employ qualified people without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. This basic policy of nondiscrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, assignment, corrective action, compensation and discharge. Consistent with this policy, ERIE supports an inclusive workforce. - See more at: https://www.erieinsurance.com/about-us/equal-employment-opportunity#sthash.mq74ZXDB.dpuf
Additional BenefitsWellness Program
Financial Education & Counseling
Long Term Care Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability Income Benefits
Career Development Resources (Internal)
Tuition Aid Program
Some listed benefits are available for PT positions as well.