Material Damage Claims Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
National General Insurance Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Basic Function: Supervises and directs the investigation and disposition of all assigned claims within a direct reporting group. Trains, develops, and provides technical and leadership guidance to Claims Representatives, and in some cases, other Claim Managers. Responsible for maintaining and growing a relationship between National General Insurance and current policyholders. Responsible for focusing on the needs of loss participants and works to meet those needs.
This position will be responsible for supervising, both technically and administratively, a team of Material Damage Telephone Claim Representatives (MD TCRs). This position includes the hiring and training of new personnel and continued training and development of experienced personnel. This manager will be responsible for leading with respect to customer service while also delivering on our technical metrics. This manager will monitor workload, review file quality, and handle all day to day administrative responsibilities that are required to maintain field operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* For all duties and responsibilities, manager will take ownership of any issue, problem, or error that could potentially impact the policyholder and/or loss participant.
* Supervises, evaluates performance and recommends salary changes for personnel. Responsible for recommending promotions or disciplinary action of direct report. Primary responsibility for interviewing and selection of new personnel. Will also assist with other staffing decisions.
* Responsible for balancing workload within the area of responsibility.
* Maintains service standards, reporting procedures, statutory compliance, and the efficient operation of the direct reporting group
* Provides continuous training and support to personnel.
* Handles and directs resolution of problems, complaints and general public relation ("customer service") issues which arise concerning claims service.
* Extends coverage, reserve and settlement authority on losses which exceed individual levels.
* Maintains current knowledge of changes in state/area and helps develop and implement policies and procedures which impact claims processing.
* Assists in monitoring and controlling allocated/unallocated expenses and payment severity.
* Assists and/or directs special projects or requests.
* Responsible for the communication , implementation and monitoring of procedural changes and company programs
* Three years claims handling experience.
* Supervisory or training experience is preferred.
* The successful candidate will have demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong leadership qualities.
* The successful candidate will also have a record of demonstrating and delivering on customer service in a consistent manner while being a strong performer in reference to our metrics.
* Additional qualifications include a high level of initiative, mature judgment and discretion.
* Organization and time management skills are necessary and very important in this role.
* Demonstrated proficiencies in managing a unit through consistent results at or above department standards.
* Demonstrates effective overall performance through consistent evaluations over multiple review periods.
* Demonstrates the capability of consistently handling aggregate file exposures of at least $50,000.
* Demonstrates the ability of evaluating damages up to their maximum authority level.
* Obtains/Maintains appropriate licensing or education requirements.
* Primarily responsible for monitoring licensing or education requirements of their direct report group.
* Has thorough knowledge of claims policies and procedures in resolving and/or providing direction to claims representatives and/or claim representatives and claim managers for claims handling which could include litigation.Is primary source of direction for area on claim policies and procedures.
* Prefer successful completion of one or more of the following for managers handling material damage and/or casualty claims:
* Advanced Material Damage Classand Material Damage Updates
* ICAR Platinum designation
* Successful completion ofAdvanced Vehicle Estimatics
* Successful completion of Chief Structural Damage Analysis
* Successful completion of ChiefAdvancedFrame
* Successful completion of Chief Advanced Steering and Suspension Analysis
* ICAR or other industry related courses or workshops.
* Industry related courses or workshops.
* RV Estimatics, RV Policy, Motorcycle Estimatics, and Motorcycle as dictated by area business needs.
* Other related Insurance Education
* Demonstrates a thorough and consistent pattern of understanding and demonstrating our National General Insurance Point of Difference.
* Requires a high degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion. Ability to resolve conflicts and empathize with others is critical.
* Negotiation skills are important for resolving issues.
* Demonstrates professional oral and written communication skills.
* Organization, customer service, and time management skills are critical for this position.
* Demonstrates a thorough understanding of compliance with insurance law and state regulations as they relate to claims. Demonstrates the ability to find answers to more complex issues with insurance law and state regulations and is a source of direction / assistance for others.
* Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the insurance industry and internal and external organizational relationships of the company. Demonstrates an understanding of the functions of other departments
* Demonstrates effective leadership skills.
* Develops process management and analytical skills.
* Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate vision and strategy to execute on the company and department's plans and objectives.
* Will lead regional or department projects.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.