This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Elk Grove Village, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Graphic Packaging Intl. is the global leader in print carton packaging serving clients in the foods, beverage and consumer goods industry with local plants located in Elk Grove Village and Carol Stream Illinois. We are looking for talented Material Handlers that exercise judgment where appropriate ensuring the efficient operation within the Complex. Held responsible for quality, equipment condition, safety, the efficient operation of the equipment and production within in the complex.
* The person who occupies this position is responsible for unloading the baling machine, banding waste loads and offloading sheeted loads into press WIP (Work In Progress) area.
The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the company are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
* Responsible for banding scrap loads with metal strapping. Metal strapping is fastened together and tightened by use of banding tool.
* Weighing bales of scrap and filling out inventory tag that is to be attached to bale. Information on tag includes grade, weight of bale. (Material Handler weighs bales by use of forklift)
* Material Handler is to stack all bales according to grade. Material Handler does this by use of forklift.
* When waste semi-trucks arrive, Material handler is to load bales and scrap pallets into semi-truck.
* Material Handler is responsible for required safety checks of fork lift.
* Unloading sheeted loads from sheeters to printed WIP areas.
* Responsible for removing and strapping waste loads from delivery end of printing presses.
* Responsible for exchange of coating totes.
* Responsible for banding metal printing plates and placing them in proper storage locations.
* Physical and visual activities that are commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job:
* Standing, walking, lifting (up to 50-60 lbs.), carrying (up to 50-60 lbs.), pushing and pulling (the dumpsters of paper scrap), bending, reaching, handling (paper scrap), visual acuity (far).
* Physical demands commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job:
* Person must have physical coordination to operate forklift. Person is operating forklift approximately 95% of working shift.
* Material Handler is continually getting on and off forklift (getting off lift to start wrapping machine; getting on lift to move materials, etc...) throughout working shift.
* Inside Conditions, extremes of heat (summer), humidity, noise (from forklift and production machinery).
* Use of Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software:
* Forklift, Bailing Machine, Hand truck
* Must speak, read and write in English.
* High School diploma or GED required.
* Experience operating a fork lift preferred, but not required.
* Must be flexible: Able to work other shifts, overtime and Saturdays when needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains at-will.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.