Material Handler / Forklift Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Florock is a leader in the research, development, and production of resinous floor coating systems for commercial, industrial and institutional applications. As a result of consistent growth, Florock products are manufactured in a new expanded facility in Chicago, Illinois, owned and operated by Tennant Company. Florock has distribution throughout North America as well as a reseller in the United Kingdom.
MATERIAL HANDLER/FORKLIFT OPERATOR
The Material Handler/Forklift Operator will function within a team providing support across all functional areas of Material Handling to maintain workflow and organization of material. Applicants must be open to cross training and demonstrate the ability to promote a positive, safe working environment focused on teamwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Operate powered forklift trucks, hoists, handcarts, and other material handling equipment to maintain workflow and the organization of material.
* Operates a fork truck and stock chaser.
* Moves materials on carts, skids or pallets to destination with appropriate system transactions and paperwork.
* Receives, picks, packs, crates and ships materials and/or machine orders with appropriate system transactions, packaging, labeling and paperwork.
* Perform housekeeping to keep the department clean, safe, and well organized.
* Maintain safe working habits and follow department safety guidelines.
* Inspects hazardous room and keeps it clean and organized.
* Maintain equipment in a safe working condition and perform daily checks of equipment for condition and function.
* Mark materials and material locations properly.
* Keep pallets, boxes, packaging material, and separators neatly stacked.
* Complete inventory and routing documents correctly.
* Use time, shop supplies, and materials efficiently.
* Focuses on continuous improvements of material handling processes.
* Assists Production at times.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* High school diploma or equivalent and 3-8 years related experience as a Material Handler
* Competency in the operation of a fork lift with a current license
* Open to supporting cross functional business needs in material handling, assembly, and fabrication
* Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and solve problems to complete assigned tasks.
* Ability to plan, prioritize and multitask.
* Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows and Outlook.
* Consistent attendance either onsite or remotely as needed by the business.
* Ability to take direction and accept supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and accurately prioritize work, be detail-oriented, understand when urgency is required and use good judgment in varied situations.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Occasionally bends and lifts up to 40 pounds individually
* Works in multiple positions during a shift
* Ability to stand for an 8 hour shift
* Routinely and regularly works near moving mechanical parts
* Occasionally exposed to hot conditions
* Occasionally exposed to non-toxic fumes
* Moderate noise level
* Occasionally exposed to oil, grease, gasoline, dust, metal particles and sharp edged materials
* Must be able to wear safety glasses, steel toed shoes, and hearing protection
Tennant offers competitive salaries with an excellent benefits package, along with an environment where personal growth is encouraged. Opportunities with Tennant Company are posted online at www.tennantco.com. Interested in this opportunity? It only takes a few minutes to apply online!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.