Material Handler I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 9/8/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe successful candidate is responsible for receiving, inventory control, picking and packing orders correctly using DSI scanning equipment while operating safely.
* Pick, pack and ship orders using DSI scanners with required to use a RF Gun (LXE brand).
* Verify order is picked correctly prior to shipment.
* Prepare Pack slip and Bill of Lading for all shipments.
* Package/wrap all orders picked to provide damage free delivery to customers.
* Perform all general warehouse duties including UPS/FEDEX shipping process, Cycle Counts, housekeeping, receiving.
* Operate various types of forklift equipment including Cherry pickers, sit down forklifts and Reach trucks in a safe manner
* Comply with all company policies and procedures.
* A High School Diploma or GED is required.
* At least 2 years experience in warehousing is preferred.
* Prior Warehousing experience including Order picking and forklift experience is preferred.
* Experience and proficiency in computer applications as well as Microsoft Office applications i.e., Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Proficient in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) applications.
* Goal oriented attention to detail and strong organization skills.
* Effective oral communication skills with internal customers.
* Requires long hours of standing and bending.
* Must be flexible with work schedule (over time and weekends as required).
* Ability to lift up to 70lbs in some material handler's duties.