Material Handler I - Temp-to-Hire ONLY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONHITACHI HIGH TECHNOLOGIES AMERICA, INC.
POSITION TITLE: Material Handler I
DEPARTMENT NAME: Sales Administration
REPORTING TO TITLE: Manager, Warehouse
Responsible for performing tasks involved in shipping, receiving and warehousing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Examines stock and materials for obvious defects or damage. Prepares and maintains records for the material shipping, receiving and warehousing area. Support production department in all materials related responsibilities.
* Unpacking incoming items, checking goods against purchase orders or invoices and maintains records of goods received
* Sorts, labels, and stores incoming materials, parts and supplies in the appropriate bins or areas in accordance with company procedures and practices
* Pulls materials, parts and supplies to fill orders required by manufacturing, service and sales
* Prepares finished products for shipment and may load it on trucks
* Prepares kits, parts and materials for assembly operations
* Participates in cycle counts and inventory
* Trains lower level personnel as required
* Perform additional responsibilities as required
* Maintain records within SAP in a timely basis
* High school diploma or equivalent years of experience
* Computer literate ( SAP system knowledge preferred)
* Four or more years of experience in shipping, receiving, stockroom or related position in a high tech manufacturing environment
* Must be able to pass a forklift certification examination
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Hands-on shipping, receiving and stores support
* Forklift operation
* Ability to lift heavy weights up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to use hand tools (i.e. crowbar, mallet, hammer, etc.)
The above job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.