Material Handler II - Mahwah, NJ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Material Handler II
The Material Handler monitors and records all incoming and outgoing shipments, and receives and processes incoming shipments. This includes stocking inventory as it is received. The position also prepares shipping materials and processes all outgoing items.
* Receive and process all incoming shipments. Package outgoing shipments and parcels.
* Restock inventory as shipments are received. Perform cycle counts and physical inventories as needed.
* Maintain an excel log of all incoming and outgoing packages.
* Maintain the loading dock area in a neat and orderly fashion and handle purchasing of all necessary labels, materials and supplies that need reordering.
* Respond to Sales Representative inquiries regarding transit times, physical condition of items, and shipping configuration.
* Partner closely with the Electronic Technician and Material Coordinator teams to ensure that shipments arrive on time.
Environmental/Safety/Physical Work Conditions:
* Responsible for understanding and conforming with the Environmental Policy to ensure that significant environmental aspects that relate to actual or potential impacts with their work are executed to minimized the effects on the environment.
* Responsible for understanding and conforming with the Health and Safety Policy to ensure that the significant risks that relate to actual or potential hazards with their work are identified.
* Responsible for bringing to the attention of management any potential improvements that could reduce our environmental impact or to report activities that could result in a negative impact to the environment.
* Use of power-driven motorized warehousing equipment such as fork lifts, stock pickers and pallet jacks. Applicable certification to operate equipment required.
* Ability to lift 40 lbs. to work bench level, perform job functions in a sitting or standing position.
* Attend Haz-Mat training to acquire certification for packing of hazardous items and preparing of Haz-Mat shipping documentation.
* High School diploma.
* Two plus years of experience in a shipping and/or receiving role.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
* Proficiency in using vendor supplied shipping software such as UPS World Ship, FedEx. Able to complete courier Bill of Ladings.
* Basic skills in Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Getinge is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability