Material Handler II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Mineral Wells, TX
The responsibilities described here are representative of those tasks an employee performs to successfully complete the essential functions of this job; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all tasks that may be assigned or required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Although the duties may vary among departments, they include, but may not be limited to the following:
* Perform all duties of a Material Handler I based on work load requirements and/or as directed by Supervisor/Lead.
* Perform MRP/ERP transactions, to include job order receipts and issues, material location transfers and shipping documentation.
* Review and reconcile material discrepancy issues.
* Process Purchase Orders and Shipping Orders.
* Maintain status boards in manufacturing areas, if applicable.
* Build wood pallets, crates and containers, as required, for product movement and shipment.
* Follow the 5S system.
The tools used include all department-specific tools of a Material Handler I, plus:
* Farm-out pickup with goose neck trailer.
* Forklift 0 10,000 lbs.
* Overhead cranes.
* Ladder and platforms.
* Wrenches (Various hand wrenches).
* Strapping gun.
* Pneumatic nail gun.
* Radial Arm saw.
* Pallet jack.
* Cordless electric drill.
* Table saw.
* Panel saw.
* Chain saw.
* Air tools
The requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The minimum required qualifications for all departments, plus department-specific qualifications include, but may not be limited to:
* Ability to perform all department-specific functions of a Material Handler I.
* 2 to 5 years in a manufacturing environment, with emphasis on inventory/shipping processes and forklift operation.
* Ability to apply a basic knowledge of the standard practices and procedures used in a manufacturing environment.
* Ability to work with only limited supervision.
* Possess a measurable degree of creativity.
* Flexibility to perform multiple jobs within the department.
* Ability to participate in and contribute to cross-training initiatives.
* Truck with gooseneck trailer operation, required.
* Ability to transport and load heavy, unbalanced loads in close quarters.
* Ability to safely, efficiently and expeditiously use overhead cranes to move vessels.
* Carpentry skills required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma and/or GED.
* Related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* We are an EEO employer for Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons & Protected Veterans.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.