Material Handler II (Multiple Shifts)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 2/22/2017
Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThroughout its history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
We are currently seeking candidates for a MATERIAL HANDLER II to work A SHIFT (MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 6:50 A.M. TO 3:10 P.M.) AND B SHIFT (MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 2:50 P.M. TO 11:10 P.M.) in our warehouse. You offer us your determination and work-ethic, we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
The Material Handler moves, either manually, by hand truck, by pack mule, or by fork truck, materials, supplies, and finished goods to designated places in the facility or onto trucks. Responsible for the physical and administrative tasks involved in shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing of materials. The Material Handler II must also check products for defects and accuracy as well as any other task assign by supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Work from parts lists, packing lists, receiving reports, production schedules, and warehouse PCs to order, receive, count, store, issue, load, identify and locate materials.
2. Ensure uninterrupted production with tight inventory control.
3. Monitor progress of supplies, materials, parts and assemblies for early detection of
4. Perform cycle counts.
5. Coordinate release of parts, reworks, finished goods or supplies to internal departments and external suppliers/customers.
6. Ensure that appropriate documentation accompanies all activities.
7. Ensure inventory rotation using FIFO principle of receipt and issue.
8. As requested by Supervisor, functionally direct, train, assist and/or substitute for other material handlers.
9. Handle packaging procedures to ensure safety of shipment.
10. Ensure that product quantity and description match the load sheet
11. Pull, pack and ship finished goods
12. Process customers orders by ensuring that the right shipment is shipped
13. Ensure that all customer receipts (ASN) are accurate and done in a timely manner.
13. Ensure that all received product is accurate and place in the correct storage area according to the receiving process.
14. Follow all department processes and procedures.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. 1 year warehouse inventory experience (shipping, receiving, clerk)
3. Forklift experience helpful.
4. Must be safety-oriented and very detail-oriented.
5. Must be able to lift 40 pounds continuously.
6. Basic computer skills.
7. Data entry or prior database use, a plus.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).