Material Handler III - 2nd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 3/31/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Material Handler works under the supervision of the department Supervisor. From written and/or verbal instructions the individual distributes material to the production areas and moves finished goods to the shipping area. Loads and unloads trucks inside and outside the building. The Material Handler is responsible for maintaining the storage locations. He/she is responsible for maintaining safe material handling practices. From bills of lading or packing lists, the material handler verifies incoming receipts for quantities and part numbers.
Comply with the following health and safety duties as a condition of employment:
Comply with safety rules
Attend and Participate in Safety Training
Participate actively in the safety process
Report all accidents and injuries immediately
Submit suggestions to improve safety
Know their duties in case of emergency
Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
Comply with the following environmental duties as a condition of employment:
Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
Spill management and clean-up.
COMPETENCE LEVEL(S) TO BE ACHIEVED
The following competence level(s) should be attained within the time frame indicated in order to be fully qualified for this position. Qualitative and quantitative measures shall be accomplished by using the SMART methodology for evaluating accomplishments.
Within the first 30 days
a. Demonstrate knowledge of building locations within the building you work.
b. Demonstrate consistent team work and positive attitude behaviors.
c. SAP transaction T-codes
d. Basic Driver Safety
e. HazMat General Awareness Function Specific
Within 60 days
a. Demonstrate knowledge of receiving locations in all other buildings.
b. SAP transaction T-codes
d. Dock Safety
e. 3 Day 49 CFR Certification (Warehouse requirement)
Within 90 days
a. Demonstrate knowledge of storage locations in all other buildings.
b. SAP transaction T-codes
d. Perform all receiving dock SAP functions, from receiving shipments to sending parts to a vendor
1. Distributes material to the various production areas in a manner that complements productivity.
2. Moves finished goods to the shipping area.
3. Determines proper loading procedures for trailer load shipments.
4. Notifies Supervisor or scrap material so that proper transactions can be made.
5. Performs daily maintenance check on lift trucks.
6. Checks material movement transactions for accuracy of part numbers, quantities and locations.
7. Maintains operating skills necessary to operate three different lift truck sizes.
8. Loads and unloads finished goods and in-process materials from semi-trailers and vans.
9. Occasionally, from verbal and/or written instructions, transports material between various manufacturing facilities.
10. Occasionally required to activate ADT system.
11. Assists in annual inventory (Mandatory).