Material handler 9/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General: Under the general direction of the Plant Superintendent and direct supervision of the Production Supervisor and Lead Man performs the following duties in accordance with established company procedures:
* Monitor/operat automatic stacking and packaging equipment as necessary. Hand stack as needed. Handle material for bottom and top boards as needed. (Weight of product ranges from 2 lbs. to 40 lbs. per piece. Two people are required to lift anything great than 40 lbs.)
* Assists in set-ups and start-ups as directed by the Lead.
* Understand and implement proper lockout/tagged procedures on certain equipment.
* Operates panel saw and footsaw to cut scrap into feet material.
* Glues scrap material to be cut into feet if necessary.
* Assists in Monitoring packaging equipment, dust system and baler operation.
* Reloads plastic wrap as necessary.
* Observes equipment for unusual or faulty operation and promptly takes corrective action or promptly notifies maintenance or supervision.
* Uses and teaches safe working practices and reports hazardous conditions at all times.
* Keeps work area in a clean and orderly manner at all times.
* Occasionally instructs new employees on the job.
* Sorts stacks of material by hand
* Operates pneumatic nail guns to produce Ventboard offline as necessary.
* Operates stacking equipment controls as necessary to facilitate placement of material in place as bottom and top boards on cold start ups.
The above sets forth the major work performed and serves the purpose of recording those items of work for job evaluation rating. It is understood that other work or duties not specifically listed may be assigned by supervision.
* High School or High School Equivalency Education
* Acceptable results on background check
* Negative Drug test results
* Certifications Preferred