Material Handler - 2nd shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Pro Staff is seeking a 2nd shift MATERIAL HANDLERS for IMMEDIATE OPENING in Windom, MN.
* Ask us about the outstanding benefits!
* Opportunity for growth!
* Employee owned company
Material Handlers are responsible for performing a variety of material handling functions. The individual
should be familiar with and capable of using various types of lifting equipment. A material handler is also
required to perform other miscellaneous tasks, as supervision deems necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Reads and interprets blueprints and machine drawings to determine specific material requirements.
* Determine which process should be used for moving raw steel or finished product in any given
* Use a variety of hand tools and machines.
* Be able to drive any type of forklift.
* Be able to safely rig a load for lifting.
* Maintains work area in a neat and clean condition.
* Observes all safety rules and regulations.
* Performs necessary maintenance and repair on some equipment used.
* Be able to move parts in and move finished product out of work areas.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB: Cutting torch, hand grinders, hand tools, belt sander,
forklifts, overhead hoist, hand trucks, band cutters, ear plugs, eye protection, safety shoes, protective
CRITICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Day shift is 8 hours, night shift is 10 hours
* Stand-frequent-continuous, up to 6 hours (day shift) and 8 hours (night shift)
* Walk-frequent, up to 4 hours (day shift) and 6 hours (night shift)
* Sit-continuous (operating forklift)
* Lift to/from floor-up to 50 lbs. occasional (components), 10 lbs. frequent (components)
* Lift overhead-up to 20 lbs. rare (components), 15 lbs. occasional (components), 10 lbs. frequent
* Lift waist level-up to 50 lbs. occasional (components), 30 lbs. frequent (components)
* One or two hand carry-up to 30 lbs. for 5 feet occasional (components), heavier items are moved with a
* Push/pull-53 lbs. force (total 105 lbs. force) to initiate large A-frame cart with two employees, up to 38
lbs. force (total 75 lbs. force) to initiate movement of loaded carts with two employees, occasional
* Elevated work (reaching)-frequent (forklift operation)
* Twist-occasional (while seated in forklift)
* Bend-frequent (check materials on shelves and in bins)
* Squat-occasional (check materials on shelves)
* Kneel or crouch-occasional (check materials)
* Stair climb-frequent, mezzanine, two steps in/out of forklift at 13-1/2 and 15 heights
* Step ladder-rare (check on a shelf to locate stock)
* Balance-occasional, climbing in/out of forklift, walking around machines and components
* Manual dexterity-frequent ( manipulating forklift)
* Forklift certificate or ability to obtain
* Need to be able to read instructions and prints.
* Must be able to pass/meet pre-employment requirements
* Must be able to measure material.
Apply via posting or send resume to email@example.com.
Apply in person at:
Pro Staff in the BARC Center
1012 5th Ave - Room 20
(Direct office access at back of building)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.