Material Handler - 3rd / WEEKEND SHIFT - ReqCode 16000EZ0
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Dick's Sporting Goods
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DescriptionDICK'S Sporting Goods is seeking full-time distribution center Material Handler to join our team in Plainfield, IN! Every associate at DICK'S Sporting Goods is united by a common thread - our PASSION for the sports we love. Associates joining our team have an opportunity to be a part of a growing Fortune 500 company that makes lasting impacts on our communities through sport and activity.
DICK'S Sporting Goods operates 4 state-of-the art Distribution Centers located in Smithton, PA (near Pittsburgh); Plainfield, IN (near Indianapolis); Atlanta, GA; and Goodyear, AZ. Associates at our Distribution Centers are responsible for the final transportation of merchandise to the sales floor. Our critical team members literally 'deliver' the DICK'S experience to our customers.
Material Handler Duties:
NEW SHIFT: 3 DAY WORKWEEK
FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY 6:30 am - 7:15 pm
This Material Handler position is for our weekend shift scheduled Friday, Saturday, Sunday 6:30 am - 7:15pm and with some additional pre-scheduled shifts required as business need dictates. Will work in various departments including: Loading, NonConveyable and Backstock
Material Handlers at the DICK'S Sporting Goods Distribution Center are responsible for achieving company objectives by overseeing specific operations within the Plainfield Distribution Center.
Essential functions of this position include:
* Unloading, loading, staging, and warehousing of cartons and large bulky objects
* Using safe and secure material handling methods to maximize use of trailer space and distribute merchandise properly according to our standards
* Verifying purchase orders, location numbers, case pack quantities, and other information prior to receiving, picking or loading merchandise
* Completing required documentation neatly and accurately
* Performing spot-checks of system to ensure merchandise is sorted properly
* Operating manual and mechanical equipment in a safe manner
* Ability to stand, bend, reach above head, climb stairs, stoop, push, and lift cartons weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively
* Basic manual dexterity
* Ability to reach and recognize applicable numbers, follow verbal directions, and communicate verbally
* Ability to keep pace with production standards
* Operate power equipment confidently and safely (including forklifts that will raise you off of the ground)
* Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
Click HERE to review our Rewards & Benefits Information
* Competitive Hourly Rate Starting at $11.50 plus $.75 shift differential
* Step increases 60 days, 6 months and 1 year from date of hire
* 3-Shift operations in a climate-controlled environment
Candidates seeking employment with DICK'S Sporting Goods should be prepared to successfully complete a pre-employment background check and drug test prior to beginning employment.
Interviews by Appointment Only.
DICK'S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://dsg.contacthr.com/50699811.jpg /