Material Handler - 1st & 2nd shift (Temporary)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hill-Rom is a $2.6B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.Description COMPANY DISCRIPTION:
Hill-Rom is a $1.7B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.
Perform all required duties in connection with receiving products and parts into warehouse, and all required duties to pull products and parts from locations and move them to appropriate areas. Complete necessary loading documents, and follow verbal instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Other duties may be assigned:
* Pack, locate and crate various items of Hill-Rom furniture and beds for domestic and international shipments. Wrap and load finished products on trucks in overseas containers and other similar vehicles. Follow verbal and written instructions, shipping orders and related data to assemble and fill customer orders and complete job tasks.
* Must be able to identify products by part number and description to efficiently load truck. Using Hill-Rom shipping orders locate, check quantity and pack appropriately any type of material. Unload and receive products and parts. Cut and assemble own crating using initiative and ingenuity. Use wrapping material and steel banding to properly package items for shipment. Parts must be properly banded and cushioned to prevent damage as no belts, straps or packing blankets are available.
* Responsible to insure that all pertinent information gets forwarded to the appropriate warehouse personnel, as well as, report any change of location of products.
* Operate industrial lift truck, overhead crane, fork truck and electrical lift truck. Must have ability or strength to place heavy loads in trailer, such as stacking 70 lb. Cabinets above head and putting 450 lb. Partials into rows.
* Responsible for both quality and quantity of work: Participate in team activities and problem solving sessions as required. Communicate problems and/or solutions to appropriate team member. Must follow all processes and procedures as written. Assist other team members in their duties to ensure a quality product and smooth flow. Troubleshoot problems when necessary. Train, instruct, and assist other operators as required.
* Evaluate defective material and tooling, faulty operations of electrical lift, questionable conditions and potential work stoppages; advise and recommend alternatives to appropriate person. (May require the use of computer and telecommunication device.)
* Ensure that work area and equipment are maintained in a clean, orderly, and safe condition. Follow prescribed safety regulations.
* The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned. The inclusion of which would be in conformity with the factor degrees assigned to this job.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Must have valid Driver's License, CDL license, and pass Tow-Motor Physical.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or (GED) General Education Degree (applies to anyone hired after 1997)