This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Superior Group is looking for a Material Planner for our client in Jackson, MS.
Job duties included but not limited to:
Manage material flow (WIP – “work in process”) through analysis of diverse reports and perform critical analysis to avoid operation disruptions caused by material availability or constraints.
- Manage the work order function which entails, but is not limited to, expediting late or issuing components, maintaining MRP planning parameters, creation/closure of all work orders based on established ERP best practices, and managing rework of reusable core parts.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams and influence multiple functional departments including: Customer Service, Engineering, Quality, Operations and other Supply Chain members.
- Own the metrics of past due order reduction, MPS on-time delivery, on-time delivery of units to internal and external customers, and work order accuracy.
- Participate in and lead business processes improvement events such as Continuous Improvement Framework, Kaizens and workshops in order to improve processes and reduce waste.
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures and techniques which will improve the planning function.
- Actively participate in process improvement and creation/adhering to standard work.
- Establish optimal inventory levels to achieve desired service, while utilizing just in time inventory management philosophies.
- Forecast repair volume and work with the High Performance Team Leader’s schedule in order to meet customers’ contractual due dates.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
High school or GED
Minimum 2 years of Material handling and or planning.
Minimum 2 years of warehouse expeirence.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
Go Beyond. www.superiorjobs.com.
EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.