Material & Process Engineer 8/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Develop and apply composite materials and manufacturing processes to meet all customer product requirements
* Ensure process compliance to customer and internal quality system procedures.
* Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering team to ensure stable processes. Support project team meetings and activities related to material elements of program.
* Lead material-related continuous improvement initiatives/projects with a cross-functional team in manufacturing. Form teams, lead Kaizens, and implement solutions to drive results based on the trending and data analysis performed in the Value Stream Map.
* Provide configuration board authority for Materials Engineering, including change definition, qualification and approval, material review, defect or process failure investigation, root cause and corrective action.
* Identify opportunities to improve the manufacturing process, assess the costs/benefits of the improvements, and effectively communicate, obtain approval as required, and implement those changes.
* Provide mentoring and technical leadership to the engineering organization in areas of M&P expertise. Identify and support implementation of organizational process improvement initiatives.
* Support new business development efforts by preparing proposals and supporting quotation. Revise quotations through the life cycle of a project to ensure that the organization is compensated for work associated with changes in the scope of the program.
* BS Engineering degree, MatE, ME, AE preferred; equivalent experience may be considered.
* 10+ years' experience in material and process engineering; aerospace composite or textile industry preferred.
* Experience supporting complex aerospace composite or metallurgical part designs and their implementation
* Broad knowledge of government and industry material specifications and test protocol.
* Knowledge of raw materials, manufacturing methods, production processes, quality control, costing, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
* Experience in the design and development of composite structure, materials, and processes desirable.
* Experience with new product introduction or product design and development process, engineering change process, material review process, document control, and quality control systems.
* Experience with manufacturing process control methods and tools, such as root cause analysis, SPC, and manufacturing process qualification.
* Must have demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills to interface with technicians, leads, supervisors, and management.
* Must be able to drive results by leading effectively and efficiently the initiatives in a team environment with minimal supervision.
* Must have in-depth process knowledge of related manufacturing equipment and processes.
* Must possess excellent problem solving skills.
* Must have exceptional communication skills (verbal and written).
* Must be able to analyze and interpret scientific and statistical data
* Embody the Albany Engineered Composites core values of accountability, fact based, persistence, respect, and ethics.
* Willingness to perform \\"hands-on\\" work in dynamic work environment.
* Strong decision-making, action-oriented and results-driven with strong customer focus.
* Good planning and organizational skills with ability to self-direct and balance work in alignment with program and project priorities.
* Attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled