Material Scientist Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 2/12/2017
The Corporate Technology Composites Material group at TE Connectivity invites applications for an Intern position Femont, California. TE Connectivity is the home of well-known brands of electric and electronic components with a wide span of applications from the automotive to the computer industries. The composite materials group develops new materials for use throughout TE s many application sectors. The applicant will perform hands-on work in a lab environment and assist the design, development and characterization/testing of new polymeric composite materials.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Support ongoing R&D projects of new polymeric composites materials development
* Assist in the design and development of new polymer composites materials
* Carry out the designed experiments to compound the composites materials
* Test/characterize the composites material with their thermal, electrical and microstructure properties
* Analyze the experiments data
* Prepare full documents to record the lab experiments
* Pursuing a BS or MS, preferably in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science or a related field of study
* Self-motivated individual able to learn quickly and work with minimal supervision
* Good team player
* Good written and spoken communication skills
* Minimum GPA of 3.0 in Major
* Familiarity with polymeric materials properties, processing or materials characterization techniques will be a plus