Material Scientist Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/23/2017
The Corporate Technology Printed Electronics group at TE Connectivity, located in Femont, California is seeking applications for a summer intern. TE Connectivity is the home of well-known brands of electric and electronic components for various applications including automotive, aerospace, medical devices, sensors, etc. The Printed Electronics group develops new functional materials and additive manufacturing processes for use throughout TE s many application sectors. The applicant will perform hands-on work in a lab environment, assisting in formulation of new inks and development of scalable printing processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Support ongoing R&D projects in development of novel materials
* Assist in the formulations and characterization of functional materials
* Assist in the investigation of surface and interfaces of materials
* Assist in the development of scalable printing processes
* Document experimental data, generate periodical reports, and present results at group meetings
* Pursuing a BS/MS/Ph.D., preferably in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field of study, with a minimum GPA of 3.0
* Motivated individual able to learn quickly and work with minimal supervision
* Hands-on experience in a laboratory environment; fundamental understanding of materials processing, materials characterization, surface and interface properties of materials
* Experience/knowledge in printing technologies and materials rheology is a plus
* Demonstrated ability to define a problem, develop multiple approaches to obtain a successful solution,
* Ability to deliver given tasks on time and work efficiently within a team environment
* Good written and spoken communication skills
This internship will take place in Summer 2017 (Approximately May - August)