Material & Tool Handler 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Material & Tool Handler
The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position. Receives, stores, and issues raw material and tools and compiles stock records.
* Issue orders out of D02 warehouse (put-away, Baan transactions, physical pulling of orders to floor).
* Compiles data from sources such as receivers and work orders and types or enters information into computer relevant to maintaining inventory.
* Counts, sorts, weighs, or identifies incoming articles to verify receipt of items on receivers.
* Stores articles in bins, on floor, or on shelves, according to identifying information such as style, size, or type of material.
* Marks identification codes, figures, or letters on articles.
* Determines methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, and required space.
* Moves or transports material or supplies to other departments.
* Responsible for the accuracy of transaction recording and inventory information including but not limited to counts and lot trace ability.
* Performs cycle counts.
* Protects, packages and transports outside processing and finished goods to customers and vendors.
* Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
* Other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to respond to a delivery need/request within a (1) hour notice window while on-site or off-site.
* Must have good finger dexterity for computer data entry.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
* Must be able to communicate effectively.
* Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Working conditions are: 20% office environment, 80% manufacturing environment.
* Noise level is usually moderate.
* Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
* Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
* Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
* Safety Footwear shall be in accordance with the following: ASTM standard F2413-05 with minimum impact resistance, compression resistance and metatarsal designation ratings of 75 foot pounds (i.e. ASTM F2413-05 I/75 C/75 Mt/75), which are viewable on the inside tag of footwear.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments in accordance with business needs, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential function of the job.
Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
* Basic Computer Skills - able to learn new screens, reports, functions and simple software programs with training.
* Ability to operate a forklift
Ability to operate an overhead crane and hoist
Ability to work independently and a good memory for detail
Pleasant personality, must interact with all levels of personnel and customers
Conscientious, organized and meticulous - records must be accurate and maintained
Read and understand internal procedures and policies as well as external procedures and policies of customers and vendors
Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions
Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
High School Diploma; up to 3 years related experience in job function and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
Valid Drivers License
Must have reliable vehicle and proof of insurance for off-site deliveries.
Basic math skills required; measurement and counting skills
Basic Computer Skills - able to learn new screens, reports, functions and simple software programs with training.