This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Item Life Cycle Management team s role is to create, maintain, define, enrich and obsolete Items so that they are accurate for the entire company. The Materials Analyst supports Sleep Number by driving the Change Review Board (CRB) and Engineering Change Order (ECO) processes. The Materials Analyst will work cross functionally with Product Development, Engineering, Sourcing, Planning, Compliance and Manufacturing to gather the information required to complete Oracle system work accurately and in a timely manner, resulting in ECO s being released within established timelines. In addition, the Materials Analyst will work towards continuous improvement within ECO, system and processes.
* Lead the creation of new parts through the Change Review Board (CRB) and Engineering Change Order (ECO) processes
* Lead the creation of new Purchasing, Sourcing and Planner attributes for all new Bills of Materials
* Work with cross functional team to ensure timely and accurate release of ECO s
* Oracle Specific Responsibilities:
* New Item creation, and final checks and balances before Item release
* Main, Inventory, Order Management, Invoicing and Service Item Attributes
* Item DFFs and the creation of Inventory Organizations, Sub-inventories and Locators.
* Purchasing, Receiving, Physical Attributes, General Planning, MPS/MRP Planning and Lead Time Item Attributes.
* Responsible for entering updated planning percentages on Oracle BOMs
* Responsible for the Bills of Material, Costing and Work in Process Item Attributes
* Manage Supplier List setups and maintenance
* Partner cross-functionally with:
* Sourcing to accurately define Rule Creation and Assignments for all BOM
* Planning to accurately define Default Buyer, Planner Codes, Planner Category Set, Category Values and Category Code
* Engineering, Manufacturing and Finance to create accurate Routings and Item Costs
* Responsible for accurate cost standards on all active parts
* Influence up and across the department and business unit
* Create, manage, and improve existing processes
* A minimum of 3+ years experience in a product development/manufacturing environment with emphasis in BOM documentation required. Experience working on an integrated ERP system is a requirement. SAP or Oracle would be preferable.
* Requires a minimum of 5-7 years experience in a manufacturing environment with emphasis in Engineering documentation and costing
* Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or operations management; or 3+ years documentation experience.
* Proven computer knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word required.
* Relational database experience required.
* Ability to influence without Authority
* Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills are required
* Self-Motivator who can drive for resolution of problems
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task, work independently and take initiative
* Drive towards continuous improvement (self and processes)
* High level of attention to detail
* Positive Attitude; willingness to accept increasing responsibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug free workplace (DFW).