Materials Analyst - 2017 Summer Internship 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Appliances business unit of TE Connectivity is currently recruiting for a Materials Analyst summer intern interested in learning more about the role of materials management in a manufacturing environment. The position will be located at our Jonestown, PA manufacturing facility and will report directly to the Manager, Materials Planning within the facility.
The Materials Analyst Intern will support and drive key Materials initiatives at the facility, such as inventory control, production order management and material flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Planning production requirements and scheduling of various product lines
* Work SAP / MRP daily reports to ensure accurate plans and customer schedule dates
* Work daily with production teams to set work center and department priorities
* Lead or participate in Supply Chain related projects such as developing improved work flow on manufacturing floor and in warehouse; leadtime and inventory reduction activities, etc.
* A current junior or senior attending an accredited institution pursuing a Bachelor s Degree or Master s Degree in a related field such as business, industrial engineering, process engineering or supply chain management
* Minimum GPA of 3.0 in Major Field of Study
* Eligible candidates must be available from May 2017 through August 2017
* Demonstration of our Core Values in every day work environment: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork & Innovation
* Ability to successfully communicate across all levels and functions within the organization and facility
* Ability to work independently of others as well as in a team setting
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
* Willing to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.