Materials Coordinator (Job #1490) 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Planning Supervisor, responsible for supporting the material and planning requirements in the production environment. Track status of materials that feeds production, identify shortages, request replacements and track status of kits. Maintain accuracy of reports and data entry.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Release, interpret and track status of route cards to ensure accurate movement of materials.
2. Responsible for tracking kits requested by departments to the schedule. Maintain kits per log; ensure request is placed within time limits.
3. Process all unplanned demand orders within appropriate inventory system for picking of material and expedite to using department.
4. Monitor/Work PCOs (Production Change Orders) to expedite changes to the manufacturing build schedule.
5. Initiate corrective action with planning BOM discrepancies.
6. Identify report or solve shortage report issues with other areas in support of the aircraft completion schedule.
7. May be required to work overtime, various shifts, and weekend coverage as required by aircraft completion schedule.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. 4 years prior experience in material planning preferred.
3. Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
4. Ability to work within an automated inventory/materials system.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in materials coordination.