Materials Director 8/20/2016
Simi Valley, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Materials Director provides functional leadership for all Materials Management processes and initiatives across MCS. They will work as Interface with PLC to ensure SBU alignment with all group processes and initiatives. They will work with the sites to develop and implement a robust Meggitt SIOP model and Meggitt Plan for Every Part (PFEP) process. The Materials Director will provide support to sites for materials management processes in order to achieve MPS/SQDIP goals. They will take ownership and perform complex materials management activities, whilst ensuring procedures are in compliance with government laws, regulations and management objectives.
The Materials Director will be responsible for MCS Supply base rationalization and supplier performance improvement (Quality and Delivery) across SBU. They will work with sites to develop supplier strategies and assure their successful deployment and execution. They will work in conjunction with MCS sites, PLC and SBU Supply Chain and Quality teams to develop and implement standard processes around supplier assessment, qualification, performance monitoring, and performance improvement. The Materials Director will act as the main point of contact for all PLC MGP sourcing policies for Indirect Spend categories and flow these out to the sites with appropriate training, whilst developing specific SBU policies and processes where required. The Materials Director will act as delegation for the MCS SBU Strategic Sourcing Director on the authorization of all LTA's for Indirect Spend categories.
The Materials Director will develop and maintain strategies for Indirect Spend categories and an approved supplier list for common Indirect Spend categories that the sites will follow. The Materials Director will also act as the SBU sign off for Contract Review Boards for Indirect Spend categories.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Work with the sites and PLC to develop and implement effective global supply chain strategies in support of SBU objectives including leveraging for managed material purchases, generating year over year material cost improvements and inventory reductions.
* Monitor and coordinate total inventory management deployment to ensure targets are met. Initiate continual improvement initiatives
* Work with the sites to initiate inventory reduction optimization activities with suppliers to meet planned performance targets
* Work in conjunction with MCS sites, PLC and SBU Supply Chain team to develop and implement core materials policies and processes to be deployed across the SBU
* Ensure materials management processes drive improvement to customer scorecard targets
* Work with MCS sites to develop and implement vendor-managed inventory (VMI), Kanban, and Consignment programs that will allow MCS to reduce inventory holdings and increase inventory turns.
* Facilitate communication and alignment on supplier strategy and inventory management with site operations teams
* Establish supplier rationalization goals with the sites that are in alignment with supply chain and company goals, measure and report progress through monthly KPI reporting.
* Work closely with sites to develop supplier strategies (Grow, Maintain, and Exit) and monitor their successful execution
* Assure Meggitt Supplier Yellow Book compliance across SBU sites
* In conjunction with Quality develop MCS supplier performance improvement plan and drive its successful execution across MCS sites
* Ensure the standard evaluation of supplier performance and standard process for driving the implementation of corrective actions when necessary in parallel with internal key stakeholders.
* Work in conjunction with MCS sites, PLC and SBU Supply Chain team to develop and implement standard supplier assessment, qualification, and performance monitoring processes
INDIRECT SPEND MANAGEMENT
* The Materials Director will ensure that the site purchasing teams are aligned with the Meggitt vision and strategies around Indirect Spend, through setting meaningful goals, maintaining and implementing sound purchasing disciplines, developing partnerships with key suppliers, and fostering collaboration with internal stakeholders as well as developing strong partnerships with selected supplier-partners to support growth and continuous improvement.
* Review and/or implement responsible cost reduction and avoidance programs.
* Maintain the supply base for common Indirect Spend categories.
* Identify, evaluate, and qualify new suppliers for Indirect Spend categories as appropriate to develop a reliable, strategic supply base.
* Ensure that sourcing decisions are made in alignment with cost, quality, lead time, and other business objectives.
* Work closely with sites to ensure use of P-Card, attractive commercial terms as well as contractual agreements fitting our business goals.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Supply Chain role in a manufacturing environment, with demonstrated leadership experience
* Must possess an in depth knowledge of Materials Management tools/processes and techniques including SIOP and PFEP
* Experience with Inventory management programs, including Kanban, VMI, and Consignment
* Experience in developing and executing category strategies
* Experience in developing and executing supplier strategies
* Must have strong negotiation and project management skills
* Must have good communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with all functional areas
* Ideal candidate must be able to work to a schedule and meet clearly defined deadlinerequirements
* Travel to MCS sites and Supplier sites will be required
* SAP experience highly desired
* Must be proficient Microsoft software tools
* Minimal lifting required (occasional lifting of parts/assemblies to evaluate).
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Operations; CIPS, APICS, CPIM, CSCP certification, ISM certification a plus.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL ABILITIES REQUIRED: Normal vision or correction to 20/20 including color vision. Conform to company safety policies and procedures.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.