This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 3/24/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Materials Engineer provides expertise and recommends materials with specific characteristics appropriate for use in a particular application. Develops, processes, and performs materials testing to be used in a variety of products.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Responsible for the research, specification, design and development of materials to advance technologies
* Develops material and process improvements for existing products, following guidance and direction
* Performs composite material, coupon, component and assembly testing to support design work
* Participates in evaluation of new materials and processes
* Provides engineering support with process development and quality control testing
* Writes technical reports and process specifications; maintains appropriate records of work
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : Post-secondary degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience : 1 - 2 years of relevant experience
* Excellent ability to apply a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
* Knowledge of composite material process, manufacturing processes and obsolescence
* Good understanding of regulations such as REACH etc.
* Excellent understanding of the relationships between properties, structure, processing and performance
* Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.