Materials Laboratory Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDuties and Responsibilities:
* Under the direction of senior Materials department personnel, assist in the preparation of sample submissions.
* Use sectioning, mounting and polishing equipment.
* Perform hardness testing, both macro and microhardness.
* Ability to use metallurgical microscopes and stereoscopes.
* Properly complete reports and file samples according to procedure.
* Provide input for failure analysis.
* Interact with multi-disciplinary Engineering department personnel, including Mechanical, Electrical, Design and Materials engineers.
* SEM/EDS experience a plus.
* Maintain a safe, neat, clean and organized workspace.
* Work with outside suppliers as necessary.
* Perform standardized laboratory duties and use other equipment as required, including, but not limited to, preparation of chemical etchants, ultrasonic cleaner, magnetic particle inspection and weight scale.
* Familiarity with image analysis software considered a plus.
* Properly interpret blueprint metallurgical specifications.
* Ability to use appropriate standards (ASTM, ISO, etc...).
* Help maintain Lab consumables.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Associate degree in Materials Science/Metallurgy, Metallurgical Technician Certificate
* 3+ plus years directly related experience in a Materials/Metallurgy Lab environment.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
* Experience with Lotus Notes applications would be helpful.
* Verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work under minimal supervision. Must be self-motivated and able to work with basic direction.
* Solid analytical and technical skills.
* Exposure to standard Material Laboratory equipment and procedures.